13th July 2017, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for loco pilot after diploma in mechanical after +2?

Sir, I'm studying commerce in higher secondary and I was thinking about mechanical diploma after +2 then I can study loco pilot? Any reason in +2 group there have any chances in loco pilot?

13th July 2017, 11:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for loco pilot after diploma in mechanical after +2?

Yes, you can apply for loco pilot examination after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course after completion of your 12th standard. Candidates who have passed ITI or Diploma in Electrical/ Electronics/ Automobile/ Mechanical Engineering course from a recognised institution are eligible to apply for loco pilot examination. So, being a Diploma holder, you are eligible to apply for loco pilot examination.
14th July 2017, 12:12 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed diploma in mechanical engineering, so you are eligible to apply for loco pilot. Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years. For OBC candidates the age is 33 years and for SC/ST candidates the age is 35 years. You should be physically fit.

With this eligibility you have to appear for RRB entrance examination. After qualifying the examination you will be appointed as an assistant to a loco pilot and later on after getting experienced you will get promoted to a loco pilot.
14th July 2017, 02:11 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** Yes, you can apply for loco pilot after diploma in mechanical after +2.

** In order to become a loco pilot after passing diploma, you have to apply for the written exam of the post.

** After passing the written exam, then you will be asked to appear for the interview and after clearing that you can become a loco pilot.
14th July 2017, 05:16 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for loco pilot after diploma in mechanical after plus two.

To become loco pilot you have to qualify the exam and personal interview conducted by railway committee.

The minimum qualification required to appear in this exam is 10th and if you have completed your diploma in Engineering then also you are eligible .

You must have Indian citizenship.
14th July 2017, 10:57 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I'm studying commerce in higher secondary and I was thinking about mechanical diploma after +2 then I can study loco pilot? Any reason in +2 group there have any chances in loco pilot?
Educational Qualifications:

1)Candidate must complete the minimum 10th standard
2)Candidate need to complete the ITI (approved by NCVT/ SCVT) in any specific trade to apply for this post
3)Candidates who completed the Diploma in Engineering are also eligible.

Age Limit:

Minimum age of the aspiring candidate should be 18 years and maximum age limit is 30 years.
So you are eligible for loco pilot after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering.
18th July 2017, 09:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can apply for loco pilot exam.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard or completed ITI course from a recognized board/University are eligible for Loco Pilot in Indian Railway.

Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?