15th August 2016, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

How to become an Army Doctor?

Sir, I have completed my 12th and my aim is to become an army doctor. So, please can you tell me the course I need to complete for entering in army as a doctor. I am Ayang Pame from Manipur, Zeme tribe.

30th August 2016, 09:14 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to become an Army Doctor?

To be a Doctor in Indian Army, you need to be a MBBS degree holder from AFMC. Once you completed your MBBS course from AFMC you will be provided a permanent commission for a minimum of seven years as per the rule of college.

* AFMC refers too Armed Forces Medical College of India and to get admission in the same you must satisfy the requirements given below :-

i) You must have the nationality of India.

ii) Your age must lie between 17 years to 22 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are seeking admission in the same course.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th with PCB group along with English as your main subjects and your aggregate must be at least 60%. Also, your minimum marks in each subjects must be at least 50 marks.

iv) You must have appeared in NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ), as merit list for screening test is prepared on the basis of NEET score only.

For more details you must visit the official link of AFMC i.e; www.afmic.nic.in.
23rd June 2019, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

My plus 2 mark is low. But i want to become a army doctor. What can do for my aim
20th March 2020, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

BDS degree is not sufficient for army doctor?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?