21st August 2016, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria and entrance exams details to be a Doctor in Army?

Sir, I m srushti I wanted to know that I m currently in 12th with PCB as my major subjects..I want to join the army as a docto. so could please tell me that what is the criteria for and eligibility for entering into Army as a doctor

21st August 2016, 11:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and entrance exams details to be a Doctor in Army?

Eligibility criteria to become doctor in Indian Army:

A candidate must have done 12th with medical stream with at least 50% marks from recognised board and age should not be less than 17 years. You have to appear in the entrance exam known as AFMC that is conducted every year. Once you qualify the entrance exam then you will be called for personal interview and on the basis of your performance you will be selected.
22nd August 2016, 08:45 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and entrance exams details to be a Doctor in Army?

To become doctor in army, you need to complete your MBBS degree from any recognized institute.
After completing MBBS degree, students need to appear and qualify SSC(Short Service Commission) and after 2 year of service that candidate need to appear for PC(Permanent Commission) for permanent job.
SSC qualified will be given 3 attempts to qualify PC.
50% MBBS graduates from AFMC Pune (Armed Force Medical College) get direct entry to army doctor while remaining 50% students will have to go for SSC and PC.
Admission in AFMC is through NEET UG from 2016.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?