12th March 2015, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

How to crack IES in first attempt balancing academic studies?

How to plan for IES ? I am studying 3rd btech mechanical .how to crack IES in first attempt by equally balancing academic studies? please give a solution and plan .I am confused and worried .I still not yet started preparation for IES .i worried about becoming an IES officer in the first attempt.

20th March 2015, 08:14 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to crack IES in first attempt balancing academic studies?

IES - Indian Engineering Service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

PREPARATION TIPS :

* Refer to the General English books to get the clear concept on Words, Parts of Speech and Tenses.

* Develop the habit of reading Newspapers daily in order to increase the vocabulary.

* To prepare for General Knowledge, read Newspapers and Magazines to know the happenings in and around the world.

* Refer to GK books as many as possible.

* The preparation should be such that not a single topic is left out.

* Make a routine and stick to it.

* Refer to Previous question papers as it will give you a idea to expect the questions in exam.

* Practice more number of Mock test to improve Time management and to get idea about the pattern.

* Handwriting should be legible and it should be neat because there will be 5% marks for writing.

* As Negative marking is there, answer should be chosen carefully.

BOOKS :

* R S Agarwal - General Studies.

* Chronicles Magazine.

* GK publication.

* PK Nag, Cengel and Boles for Engineering subject.
20th March 2015, 11:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for the Indian Engineering Services or Indian Economic Services. For both entrance exams are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

You have not clearly mentioned the exam in query. Here, I am giving you preparation strategy for considering Indian Engineering Services.

>>The exam is conducted in four streams Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics and Communication Engineering. So, you need to have better concept of each and every subjects of your stream as questions are conceptual both in objective as well as conventional papers.

>>For reference books of your stream click here

>>For general ability test, try to make a habit of reading newspapers daily and make good command over current affairs.

>>If you are free in weekend from your college and not able to prepare through self study, it would be better to join Made Easy -the best institute for preparation in weekend batches.

However if you can do yourself, self study is the best one. Try to make a time table giving separate 5-6 hours preparation for IES preparations.

>>Right from the start of semester try to concentrate on the each subject along with clear concept of each and every topic of the particular subject.

Last but not the least, a strong determination, dedication towards your goal is necessary to achieve what you desire.
21st March 2015, 07:23 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely it is possible to crack the IES Examination in your first attempt and if you have a passion on your career.First and fore most thing you have to do is concentrate on your academics. This is the one of the most strategy to crack the IES Exam.If you have a command on basics and then definitely you already have a 50% score on your hands.

But another important thing is six months the date of the examination onwards you have to prepare in a IES mode.I mean to say that try to get a knowledge more on General Awareness.

Since it is the Screening Examination for IES candidates and Only if you qualify this examination then only your Descriptive and Convention papers will get corrected.

This is exam is conducted every year in the month of June and the level of examination is some what less than GATE Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?