27th July 2016, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

How to join Air Force without NDA exam being a 12th with Science (Biology) student?

Hello sir, I have passed 12th Science with (Biology) and want to join Air Force. How can I join it? Should I write NDA exam to get job in Air Force or can I get job in Air Force without writing in NDA exam?

28th July 2016, 09:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Air Force without NDA exam being a 12th with Science (Biology) student?

No, you are not eligible to join Air Force without NDA examination and being a 12th standard Biology stream student, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination.
To be eligible to appear in NDA examination to join in Air Force, you must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board. So, being a 12th standard Biology student, you can appear in NDA examination to join in Army but, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force through NDA examination.
28th July 2016, 10:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Air Force without NDA exam being a 12th with Science (Biology) student?

If you want an officer job in Indian Air Force then you are not eligible because it asks for PCM stream in 12th class. You can only apply for Indian Army being a biology student through NDA exam.

There is a non officer post in Indian Air Force for you which is Group Y trade exam. Your qualification is suitable for it. If you are only interested in officers post then complete graduation and apply for AFCAT.
28th July 2016, 11:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 12th student with Biology you are neither eligible for joining Indian Airfoce nor Indian Navy as for these wings of Indian Defense you need to have Physics and Mathematics in your academics for must. But you still have the option of joining Indian Army as for the same stream of academics does not matters.

Also as far as you are concerned about the entry in the defense sector without qualifying NDA then I would like to make you clear that without joining NDA you will not be able to be posted as Commissioned officer as well as you will have to wait and look for vacancies of different posts as these jobs are not fixed. For getting notifications regarding these vacancies you must regularly check out rozgar samachar, employment news and other regional papers.

So, in my view I would rather suggest you for joining defense sector by joining NDA by qualifying NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes written examination and SSB interview respectively.

--> Also the minimum qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have either completed your Class 12th or must be in the final year of same in any discipline from a recognized board.

* You must satisfy the physical and mental fitness norms as given in the notifications.

For further details regarding the NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.nic.in.
29th July 2016, 12:01 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

*For Indian Air Force, candidate should have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics and Mathematics. Biology candidates can apply for NDA exam but are eligible for Army not Air Force.

Therefore, you are not eligible for Air Force after pursuing 12th with science stream having biology as main subject.
29th July 2016, 12:35 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force after NDA examination. NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination for recruitment in Indian Air Force is that candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board with PCM. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

But, you can appear for examination for recruitment in Indian Army. The examination is conducted in two stages. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
22nd July 2020, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a biology student, i want join any branch of ' Airforce . So please suggest me that which is best post for bio student in air force
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?