22nd January 2016, 06:39 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join Indian Armed Forces on clearing all backlogs?

Respcted sir/madam,

I am doing my B.E (final year) in Mechanical discipline. But i have backlogs pending of previous semesters. So i just wanted to know that can i join the Indian Armed Forces after clearing the backlogs?

Related Questions:
  1. In which entrance exam should I appear to join Indian Armed Forces if pursuing B.Tech(CSE)?
  2. How can I join Armed Forces being 1st year Engineering student?
  3. Various way to join Armed Forces of India for Diploma holder?
  4. How can I join Indian Armed Forces after completing diploma in mechanical engineering from HP Technical University
  5. What are the career options for me to join Indian Armed Forces? I am a student of mechanical engineering diploma
  6. How can i join Armed Forces on 12th basis? Is it possible to join Armed Forces after leaving BE course?
  7. How to join the Armed Forces after BDS? Eligibility criteria for getting into Armed Forces? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to join Indian Armed Forces after studying in 12th computer science? What are the major engineering courses in Navy, Army and Airforce?
  9. How can I appear for Indian entrance exams in USA? Do I have to come to India to appear for the exam of Indian Armed Forces?
  10. What is the educational qualification to join indian Special Armed Forces
  11. What is the educational qualification to join Indian Special Armed forces
  12. Entries to join Indian Armed Forces as an officer with more than 85% in 12th with PCM?
  13. How the Chemistry Honours qualification related to Indian Armed Forces? -- [New]
  14. How to become an officer in Indian Armed Forces?
  15. Job opportunities for Pharma.D graduates in Armed Forces?
  16. How to join Armed forces if I am a student of class 12th? What is the procedure?
  17. Can I join Armed forces of India after completing 3 years diploma in ETC?
  18. What are the various government jobs available?
22nd January 2016, 02:44 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Indian Armed Forces on clearing all backlogs?

Yes, it is possible to join Indian Armed Forces on clearing all backlogs.

Eligibility to join Indian Armed Forces :
  • Age of candidate must be from 19 to 24 years.
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
22nd January 2016, 07:23 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Indian Armed Forces on clearing all backlogs?

Yes, you can join in Indian Armed Forces on clearing all backlogs of your B.E course. To join in Indian Armed Forces, you must have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

5. You must be in between 19-24 years of age.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can join Indian Armed Forces by appearing in CDS examination.
22nd January 2016, 07:37 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, if you clear your backlogs before final degree, you are eligible to join Armed Force. To join Armed forces, you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year and the eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 19-22 years for Navy, 19-23 years for Air Force, 19-24 years for Army and for OTA 19-25 years.

Since, you have Bachelor in Engineering degree, you are eligible to appear and join all the wings. The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?