28th January 2016, 08:03 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join Indian Forest Services at the age of 34 years?

I am at present 34 years old and comes under OBC category. I am graduate in Commerce. I want to know if i am eligible to join in Indian Forest Service at this age or not?

28th January 2016, 09:49 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Indian Forest Services at the age of 34 years?

Eligibility Criteria Required for Indian Forest Services Exam:

No, I am really sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for Indian Forest Services Examination. Since you have not met the required age criteria, you are not eligible to appear in Indian Forest Services Examination being a 34 years old candidate. The detailed age criteria required are given below.

Minimum Age Required - 21 years

Maximum Age Allowed - 30 years

Of course there will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms. Upto a maximum of 3 years are allowed for Other Backward Classes students. I am once again sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for Indian Forest Services Examination being a 34 years old candidate.
28th January 2016, 02:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Indian Forest Services at the age of 34 years?

The age eligibility criteria to appear in Indian forest services is given below:

The aspirant must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years where as relaxation is provided to schedule caste or scheduled tribe up to maximum of 5 years and other backward classes up to maximum of 3 years.
So, as you have completed the age of 34 hence you are not eligible.
28th January 2016, 04:05 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to join Indian Forest Services at the age of 34 years.
Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years in order to apply for Indian Forest Service exams.
There is relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidate. But still you are not eligible as your age is one year more than the limit.
28th January 2016, 09:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am at present 34 years old and comes under OBC category. I am graduate in Commerce. I want to know if i am eligible to join in Indian Forest Service at this age or not?
You have completed graduation degree in Commerce so you are not eligible for Indian Forest Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam,

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
28th January 2016, 11:14 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that even being a candidate under OBC category, you are not eligible because the maximum age limit for an OBC candidate to join Indian Forest Services is 33 years. Therefore, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?