17th April 2017, 02:51 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a custom officer through UPSC?

Hi, I am Alkesh More. I want to appear for the entrance exam of UPSC as I want to become a custom officer, which UPSC exam do I have to appear to pass the entrance exam like CSP, IES goal is? Please let me know soon.

17th April 2017, 01:36 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a custom officer through UPSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am Alkesh More. I want to appear for the entrance exam of UPSC as I want to become a custom officer, which UPSC exam do I have to appear to pass the entrance exam like CSP, IES goal is? Please let me know soon.

Candidates after completion of graduation in any discipline can apply for civil service examinations conducted by UPSC to become a Customs Officer. You have to give first preference to Indian Revenue Services (IRS) in civil service exam to become a customs officer. The civil service examinations are conducted for recruitment of various civil services of the Government of India like IAS, IRS, IFS, IPS etc. The civil service examinations are conducted once in a year by UPSC. The civil service examination has three parts namely Preliminary Examinations, Main Examinations and Interview. So you have to first clear the preliminary examinations. After clearing the civil service examinations then you will become a Customs Officer.
17th April 2017, 02:56 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To become a custom officer you need to write the CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) exam which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year. To become eligible for the UPSC exam the candidate must hold a bachelor degree irrespective of the stream from a recognized university and the age of the candidate should be in between 21 years to 30 years . the upper age limit is relaxable for the reserved candidates (SC/ST/OBC) as per the norms of the government of India.
11th September 2018, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Is there any chance of applying for customs job othet than UPSC or is there any separate exam to qualify for customs officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?