10th August 2017, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer after graduation?

Hello, I'm Neetu. I want to become income tax officer department. My qualification is third year B.Com. So, please explain & give me advice how to study after B.Com which in Mumbai & which subject please.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure I need to follow after graduation to become an income tax officer?
  2. How can I become an Income Tax Officer being a 11th Commerce student? Detailed information about recruitment in Income Tax Department? -- [New]
  3. Procedure of exams for Income Tax Assistant, Income Tax Inspector and Income Tax Officer? When the exams will be held?
  4. Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer for B.Com student?
  5. Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer after graduation?
  6. Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer? Salary of an Income Tax Officer?
  7. Details of becoming Income tax officer for physically challenged student after B.Com?
  8. Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?
  9. What steps should I follow to become an Income Tax Officer? Which exam do I need to write to become an Income Tax Officer?
  10. Information regarding Entrance Exam and Procedure to become Income Tax Officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to take profession of Income Tax officer after pursuing CA?
  12. Steps to be taken to become a Sales Tax or Income Tax Officer?
  13. How can I become an Income Tax officer after completing B.Sc Mathematics?
  14. What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer?
  15. How to apply for income tax examination after 12th?
  16. Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer?
  17. From where to get Income Tax Officer form? How to fill up the form and how to become an Income Tax Officer? What about preparation?
  18. Procedure to become Income Tax Officer? Any special exam for this?
10th August 2017, 10:28 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become an Income Tax Offic after graduation?

Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer after Graduation:

There is a certain procedure in order to become an Income Tax Officer after Graduation. The basic educational qualification required for the post of "Income Tax Officer" is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> In order to become Income Tax Officer, you are required to appear in Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination that is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC).

>> SSC CGL recruitment consists of the following rounds,
* Tier I Objective Examination
* Tier II Objective Examination
* Descriptive Written Examination
* Typing Test
* Document Verification

>> While you are filling application form, you are required to choose "Income Tax Officer" as the first option and then you are required to qualify all the rounds that are mentioned above one by one.
10th August 2017, 11:53 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer after graduation:-

To become an income tax officer you need to be a graduation.

Age should be between 18 to 27 years.

The graduation can be done in any subject from any recognised University. Then you have to give an exam conducted by SSC.

If you get the required marks then you will be asked to go for the personal interview.

For more information please visit this website:-
http://ssc.nic.in.
11th August 2017, 12:00 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an income tax officer, you must your complete your bachelor's degree at first. Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years and age relaxation will be applicable only on the reserved category candidates. Your height should be minimum 157.5 cms and should be physically fit. With this eligibility you have to appear for a written examination conducted by SSC every year. Hence, after clearing the examination you will be eligible to become an officer in income tax department.
11th August 2017, 06:01 PM
ramranaCR7

By writing civil services examination and opting Indian Revenue Service (IRS), you can become an Income tax officer. The eligibility for writing civil services exam is any degree and the age limit is 32 years or you can give the exam 6 times, whichever is earlier
14th August 2017, 12:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I'm Neetu. I want to become income tax officer department. My qualification is third year B.Com. So, please explain & give me advice how to study after B.Com which in Mumbai & which subject please.
You have completed B.Com course, so you are eligible for Income Tax Officer exam.

To become a income tax officer exam, you should qualify in SSC CGL exam.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?