2nd April 2017, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join income tax department after completing graduation

I have completed my 12th, now I am studying in B.Com 1st year. I would like to join income tax department after completing my graduation. So, please tell me what is the procedure.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to join income tax department after completing graduation -- [New]
  2. What is the procedure to enter Income Tax Department after CA completion?
  3. Jobs in Income tax department after B.Sc IT?
  4. How may I apply for income tax department jobs? Types of questions being asked?
  5. What is the procedure to become a Commissioner in Income Tax Department?
  6. Can i join Income Tax department after 45% marks in B.Pharma?
  7. Procedure to become an Income Tax Assistant after completion of CMA? How much time doe it takes to become an Income Tax Assistant?
  8. When is the entrance exam conducted for Income Tax officer post? When and how can I apply for the exam?
  9. Can I get job in Income tax department if my subjects are PCM in 11th?
  10. What steps should be taken after BBM in order to become a Sales tax or Income tax officer?
  11. Eligibility and application procedure for jobs in Income Tax Department? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What is the procedure for getting job in Income Tax department of India? Which exam should I give to get job in Income Tax?
  13. Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?
  14. Am I eligible to get a job in Income Tax department after completing my Engineering?
  15. How become an Income Tax and Sales Tax officer after B.Com and CA IPCC? Which one is better for me?
  16. How may I get detail information about recruitment procedures in income tax department of India?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria asked for Government job which based on income tax department?
  18. Procedure and entrance exam details to enter in State or Central Government job in Income tax department after graduation?
2nd April 2017, 09:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join income tax department after completing graduation

You can apply for exams like SSC CGL and Civil services exam, if you have interest in income tax department. Through CGL you can join posts like Tax Assistant and Income Tax officer.

Also, through Civil services exam, you can join at higher posts in Revenue services. Selection will be on merit based on the performance in the written exam and interview.
2nd April 2017, 11:55 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to join income tax department candidates have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> Candidates should have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

> Candidates age should be in between 18 to 27 years and age relaxation will be applicable as per government norms.

With this eligibility criteria candidates have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Commission). Therefore, if you qualify the examination successfully then you will be eligible to join income tax department.
3rd April 2017, 06:16 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The Income Tax Department is definitely one of the most important department as it helps in collecting lots of revenues for the government.
The recruitment of the Income Tax officers is done by the staff selection committee.
You need to be a citizen of India and you need to be a graduate in any discipline of your choice from a recognised University.
Minimum age limit should be 18 years and maximum should not exceed 27 years where as relaxation is given to reserved students in a upper age limit as per the rules.
Selection procedure through preliminary exam, main exam and personality test.
3rd April 2017, 06:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for the income tax officer exams which is conducted by SSC if you meet the below eligibility criteria:

The name of the exam is SSC combined graduate level exam.

This exam is held in three stages that are Tier 1, Tier 2 and interview.

Education: Graduation pass in any stream and no minimum percentage is required in graduation.

Age: minimum 18 years and maximum should not exceed 27 years.

Questions will be asked from the below sections in this exam:

English comprehension, general awareness, quantitative aptitude, General Intelligence and reasoning.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?