20th December 2015, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Whether I can take Biology as my only subject in 11th and join Indian Navy?

SIR,
I am a student studying in 9th STD. I am very keen to join THE INDIAN NAVY. My question to you is, whether I can take up BIO as my only subject in 11th and join NAVY? i am girl.I may even wish to join NAVY through the EDUCATION CORE...

Please do the needful .

THANKING YOU

20th December 2015, 06:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I can take Biology as my only subject in 11th and join Indian Navy?

Sorry to let you know that you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy after your Class 12th being a girl candidate as for the girls recruitment is made after the graduation level through CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same entrance examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

Also as you are interested to pursue Biology as your main subject then you cannot join Indian Navy even after your graduation degree course as for appearing in the CDS examination for joining Indian Navy you will need to have either of engineering / physics / mathematics as your main subjects of your same degree course.

Also for appearing in the same examination your nationality must be Indian along with your age lying within 19 years to 22 years and you must satisfy the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For further queries about the same examination you must refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
20th December 2015, 08:20 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I can take Biology as my only subject in 11th and join Indian Navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SIR,
I am a student studying in 9th STD. I am very keen to join THE INDIAN NAVY. My question to you is, whether I can take up BIO as my only subject in 11th and join NAVY? i am girl.I may even wish to join NAVY through the EDUCATION CORE...

Please do the needful .

THANKING YOU
To get entry to Indian Navy, you can join through these gateways:
  • NDA Exam
  • TES 10+2 Exam
  • CDS Exam (after graduation)

As you are a female candidate, so you cannot appear for NDA and TES 10+2 Exam.

According to eligibility criteria of NDA and TES 10+2 exam, only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear for these exams.

However, you can apply for CDS Exam which is conducted by UPSC every year twice.

But to appear for CDS Exam, you will have to complete your graduation in any discipline.

You can get entry to Indian Navy through OTA i.e. Officer's Training Academy.

Your age must be between 19 and 25 years.

As you will be getting entry to Indian Navy, so it doesn't matters what subject you are opting in 10+2.

You can continue opting Biology as the only primary subject in 10+2.
6th May 2019, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a class 10 student being a girl I am very keen to join Indian navy so which subject should I take in 11th to join Indian navy and I know I can't join navy after 12th so sir pls tell me which stream should I choose
16th July 2022, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir iam science biology student plz allow me to know how can i serves Indian navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?