24th March 2015, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply in Indian Administrative Service recruitment after completing MS from US?

Sir,
I am a student of MS doing in US.
Please tell me that when I come back in India
I can apply for Indian Administrative Service recruitment?
I want to serve my Nation so I want to enter in IAS.
Please help me to know about this.

29th March 2015, 10:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply in Indian Administrative Service recruitment after completing MS from US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am a student of MS doing in US.
Please tell me that when I come back in India
I can apply for Indian Administrative Service recruitment?
I want to serve my Nation so I want to enter in IAS.
Please help me to know about this.
Yes, you can apply for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
8th April 2015, 07:45 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply in Indian Administrative Service recruitment after completing MS from US?

Dear yes you can apply for Indian Administrative Service Examination. But you should be a Citizen of India if you want to apply for IAS. In fact IAS is the exam under Civil's and is conducted by UPSC once in every year.

Here we are giving you the eligibility criteria for IAS Examination.

Eligibility criteria for IAS :

1.You must be a Citizen of India.

2.You should complete minimum graduation from any recognized university from any stream.

3.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is age relaxation as per government norms.

4.PG degree candidates can also apply for Civil's and Final year students of graduation can also apply.

Examination will be conducted in the month of May or June.
9th April 2015, 08:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Its good that you want to serve for your country. Indian Administrative Service is one of the most reputed and respectable services in India and people of India have so much expectations from IAS officer.

Yes, after doing MS from US, you can apply for the Civil Services examination that is conducted for IAS as it requires minimum of bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Your age must be between 21-30 years if you belong to general category of India. Three years age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST category.

If you are willing to apply for CSE 2015, the date for notification is 16/03/2015. You can apply for the exam at www.upsconline.nic.in.

This exam has three stages:

Preliminary test.

Mains examination

Personal interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?