22nd January 2014, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Steps to be taken after 12th to become IAS Officer?

what steps to be taken to become indian adminisrative service officer after completing 12th exams

Related Questions:
10th March 2014, 07:49 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Steps to be taken after 12th to become IAS Officer?

I.A.S --- Indian Administrative Services

To become IAS officer you need to write entrance examination called “Civil Service Exam”/This exam is often referred as Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT).This CSAT Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.So to be eligible for the CSAT examination the minimum qualification you must have obtained is minimum of “Bachelor Degree” from a recognized university.And there is no minimum percentage required to be eligible for the examination.

So the candidates pursuing final year candidates are also eligible to appear for the examination.As you have completed your 12th class,immediately you need to go for the Bachelor degree.The various bachelor degrees you may go for are B.Com,B.B.A,B.A,B.B.M,B.C.A,B.Sc,B.E/B.Tech and more.Among all those various bachelor degrees I recommend you to go for the B.E/B.Tech streams.So then you may find good number of job opportunities any ways.

After your 12th class you need to write an entrance examination for getting admission in Engineering.So that based on the score you get in engineering entrane examinations such as IITJEE,AIEEE,BITSAT you will be given a stream.So that with in 4 years you may complete your bachelor degree successfully.

So that then you will be eligible for the I.A.S CSAT Examination.Remember Civil services examination consists of two parts.They are Preliminary examination and Main examination.The primary examination is of objective type and the second paper is of descriptive type.And mean while you complete your bachelors degree to be eligible you try to get good command over quantitative Aptitude and General awareness and current affairs to get succeeded.
15th March 2014, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS exam if I am doing graduation as a private student in Arts Stream? How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in ba 2nd year standard(art stream).my sbject is history, political science,englishh literature.and i am pass ba 1st year with improvement exam.
31st August 2014, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

I am bvsc . first year student and i want to be an IAS officer . Can u please help me how can i achieve my dream
22nd June 2015, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

i have recently given 12 exams and scored well.i wanted to ask that how should i prepare for ias exam at this stage.
12th July 2015, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

i am a 10 std student how should i prepare for i.a.s exam and which books are very useful to me,which coaching class is very useful & i want to know that hindi is essential for upsc exam pls help me .
14th July 2015, 03:46 AM
askmenow
Junior Member+

If you wish to become IAS officer please take up B.A in degree or join 5 year LLB program, which would give you civics study along with social knowledge and that way it would be easy to crack IAS exam
18th May 2016, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

What are the steps have to be taken after 12th examination to an IAS officer.i want some guidance
24th June 2016, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should be chosen after 12 science,and can that stream will help me in my UPSC exams???
27th June 2016, 12:02 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Now a days everybody want to become IAS, but it is not so easy to become that. To become IAS you must score 95% or above in Civil Service Main Examination. First of all complete graduation to apply for the Civil Services exams. Every year UPSC gives notification for the same. There are all together 26 posts for which you can apply. I have attached the 2016 Notification it will help you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 57 views)
24th December 2016, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

I am a 12th standard student. Well! I want to know that which is the best degree to choose if I wona become an IAS officer of TN government
26th April 2019, 03:21 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Steps are:----

Become familiar with the syllabus for each exam. ...

Understand the competitive nature of the exam. ...

Begin your test preparation early. ...

Choose an optional subject for which you have passion and familiarity. ...

Read the newspaper every day. ...

Study a variety of subjects. ...

Review previous years' exam questions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?