9th January 2013, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

Steps to be taken after 12th to become an IAS officer? Best books for preparation?

Steps to be taken after 12th to become an IAS officer? Best books for preparation for the exam?

10th January 2013, 05:05 PM
abhishek0123

Default Re: Steps to be taken after 12th to become an IAS officer? Best books for preparation?

No It is not possible to become an IAS Officer after completing 12th class because the minimum eligibility for UPSC Board IAS exam is - Candidates must posses a graduate degree or have completed his/her degree in any discipline or subject from a recognized university with at least 50% marks and the age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years
You will have to complete your degree after 12th class in any discipline from a recognized university then you would be able to apply for IAS Prelims and on the basis of 12th you can not apply for IAS Pre exam.

All the best
24th January 2013, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Steps to be taken after 12th to become an IAS officer? Best books for preparation?

Can a journalism student give IAS exam
25th March 2013, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

I HAD COMPLETED MY GRADUATION FROM SCHOOL OF OPEN LEARNING , DELHI UNIVERSITY. MAY I ELIGIBLE TO GIVE IAS RELIM EXAMS
22nd April 2013, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Please tel me can i apply for upsc in third year of my graduation
3rd May 2013, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

my name is shubham dubey .now i have passed my 12th class so i am something worried about my career or future and my aim is the becoming a i.a.s officer then what should i do at this time now.
4th May 2013, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

if i want to become ias officer which subject should i choose in 11th class
4th May 2013, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

After completing my degree what will going to do? Shall i write any entrance exam?
6th May 2013, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

in what language do we prepare for ias
9th May 2013, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Now i have given my clss tenth board from a cbse school..and i want to prepare for ias from now..so how shud i start
13th May 2013, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Kindly provide me the syllabus of csat and referred books....
27th May 2013, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

my name is nadshri. i am in 8 class my aim is to become I.A.S . thats i can preprar for now or from 10 which subject is main for I.A.S
28th May 2013, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

if i want to start preparing for ias after passing 12(science) then what step i have to follow so that it become easy for me to crack the exam after graduation?
3rd June 2013, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Steps to be taken after 12th to become an IAS officer? Best books for preparation?

how could i prepare for IAS exam
4th June 2013, 12:53 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend........

After 12th standard you can not eligible for the IAS exam.

You need to complete the Graduation from this exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:

The applicant should be citizen of India.

Educational Qualification:

The applicant should complete the Graduation from recognized University with any stream.

There is no restriction for the percentage of the marks.

Final year pursuing candidates are eligible for the IAS exam.

Age limit:

The applicant age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

Relaxation:

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates.

5 years upper age relaxation for the SC\ST candidates.

10 years upper age relaxation for the PWD candidates.

No of Attempts:

4 for General Candidates.

7 for OBC candidates.

No limit for the SC\ST candidates.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview

All the best.................
5th June 2013, 07:17 AM
Unregistered

i am a science Student .Recently i have passed my class 12 th Will it be difficult for me than other to be an ias
5th June 2013, 04:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

After 12th you must opt for a Graduation course from a recognized University.

The minimum qualification for IAS examination is Graduation in any discipline means you can opt for any type of Graduation

After completion of Graduation you will be eligible for IAS examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC so to keep an eye on notification you can visit the UPSC official website regularly. Employment news also publish the Civil Services exam notification.

Age Limit :

Age should be between 21 to 30 years if you are a General category candidate. There is age relaxation available for reserved categories.

SC/ST Category - 5 years

OBC Category - 3 years

Selection Procedure:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Personality Test

Number of Attempts:

General Category - 4 attempts

OBC Category - 7 attempts

SC/ST Category - No Limit

How to Apply:

Apply online by visiting official UPSC website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Fee can be paid through Net Banking and Bank Challan.

List of Books for IAS Exam Preparation:

-An Introduction to the Constitution of India D.D.Basu

-Ancient India for XII Std NCERT

-District administration by M.P. Narwan

-Social Problem in India - Ram Ahuja

-Indian Economy by Dutt and Sundaram

-Reasoning Aptitude by R S Agarwal

-The Pearson CSAT Manual 2013: Civil Services Aptitude Test for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe

-CSAT: Interpersonal, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills by Shalini Verma

-IAS Mains General Studies Chapterwise Solved Papers by Siddharth Mittal

-UPSC IAS PRE: Indian Polity for Civil Services Preliminary Examination, CSAT by Sachchida Nand Jha

5th June 2013, 06:31 PM
Ankur.Sunny

Indian Administrative Services - IAS :

If you want to become an IAS officer and join the Indian Administrative Services, then

you have to appear for the Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

>> Eligibility Criteria for the IAS exam :
----------------------------------------------

> Educational Qualification :

> You must have passed graduation in any field from a recognized university.Final year students are also eligible.

> Age Limit:

~You must have attained minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August of the year of exam and maximum 30 years.

> No. of permissible attempts :

~ For Genral 4 attempts
~ For OBCs 7 attempts and
~ No limit for SCs/STs

> Selection Procedure:

~ Through Preliminary exam.

~ If you qualify that then you have to appear in mains.

~ If you qualify in Mains then you will be called for Interview.

~ The marks of the main and interview are considered for the Final merit list.

For furthur details about IAS examination, please visit official website of UPSC.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Best books for IAS examination :
__________________________________________________ _______________

• General Studies Manual 2014 : IAS Preliminary Exam
Publisher :
Kalinjar Publications

• CSAT Comprehensive Manual 2014 : IAS Preliminary Examination with Solved Papers
Publisher :
Kalinjar Publications

• CSAT : IAS Preliminary Examination Question Papers with Answer
Publisher :
UPSC Portal

• IAS Mains Civil Services Examination : General Studies Chapter wise Solved Papers
Publisher
: Arihant

• CSAT Comprehensive Manual : IAS Preliminary Examination 2013
Publisher :
Kalinjar Publication
10th June 2013, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

i am bsc.biotechmology (f.y)student my dream is a to become a good ias officer plz send me gudiance sir plz send me a books and how to be a study for the mpsc and upsc
13th June 2013, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

please give me a advise for the peparation of civils..as i am persuing b.tech first year
13th June 2013, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

hi! my name is s.sar daimari, i want to become an IAS officer..does personality matters in ias?
14th June 2013, 01:41 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Steps to be taken after 12th to become an IAS officer? Best books for preparation for the exam?
Hey friend,

IAS - Indian Administrative Serivce

This is a Indian Civil Service exam and this exam is conducted every year for candidate to join in as a IAS officer.

The candidate is selected through 3 stages:

# Preliminary Exam

# Main Exam

# Interview

And there are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the IAS exam and they include such as:

>> Nationality

>> Age Limit

>> Education Qualification

It is good to have a interest in joining in as a IAS officer right after +2 but it is not possible as the Education qualiicaiton for the exam states that the candidate appearing for the exam must have a Education qualification of completed Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

There are certain other standards which are there along with this and they are that the candidate appearing for the exam must have a Citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard

The age limit needed for the exam is 21-30 years for general categroy candidate.There are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidate

As you have asked for the information regarding the books they are:

BOOKS FOR IAS:

Paper I - General Studies

1. History (Indian History and Indian National Movement)

NCERT books IX, X, XI, XII

Modern India by Bipin Chandra

History of Modern India by A.C Banerjee

2. Geography (Indian and World Geography)

NCERT books IX, X, XI, XII

General Principals of World Geography by Charles Farro

School Atlas

Certificate Course in Geography by Goh Cheng Leong

3. Economics (Indian Economics and Economic Theory)

An Evolution of Indian Economy by I.C. Dhingra

Economic Survey of India by Govt. of India

Economic Dictionary by Penguin

Indian Economy by Dutta and Sundara

Indian Economy by Mishra and Puri

Economic Dictionary by Collins

4. Polity (Indian Constitution)

An Introduction to the Constitution of India by D.D. Basu

Our Constitution by Dr. Subhash Kashyap

5. General Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)

NCERT books IX, X

Anatomy & Physiology by Evelyn Pearce

6. Environment (Ecology, Bio-diversity, Climate Change)

Biology and Geography NCERT Books plus current events on Environmental Issues

7. Current Affairs

Hindu and Economic Times Newspapers

Frontline, Political & Economic Weeks Periodicals

Paper II – Aptitude

1. Numeracy

NCERT Mathematics VII, IX, X

2. Data Interpretation

Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Tyra and Kundan

3. English Comprehension and Communication

Objective General English by R.S. Agarwal

4. Logical Reasoning

A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th June 2013, 07:18 AM
amit8570861100
Member+

Quote:
you have to do graduation from any recognised board after 12th first. After graduation prepare yourself for civil service exam taken by upsc every year for the post of Ias,IPS and ifs etc. The exam is not for class 12th passout student. The student must be graduate. The books prefered are ( achieve your aim,broke civil exam etc.) for more details about age and any thing visit
http//:www.upsc.gov.in
14th June 2013, 09:18 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi! my name is s.sar daimari, i want to become an IAS officer..does personality matters in ias?
To become an IAS officer you have to clear the UPSC Civil Services exams

Personality does matter when you attend interview as they asses that character also

Minimum eligibilty to apply for the UPSC Civil Services exams is:

Education: Graduation pass in any stream from a recognized university
No minimum percentage of marks is required in Graduation

Age- Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
OBC can apply till 33 years
SC/ST can apply till 35 years

Attempts/Chances: UPSC has also fixed number of attempts
General- 4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-No Restrictions
14th June 2013, 07:55 PM
Vamshi.Kothari

In this article we will talk about the process involved in becoming an IAS or (Indian Administrative Services) officer!

Please Note: Becoming an:

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) officer
IPS (Indian Police Services) officer etc…

Is all done though the same “UPSC held Civil Services” examination! This guide is written from the point of view of becoming an IAS officer. However, the procedure to become an IPS etc. officer is also the same!

If you are interested in becoming an IAS officer, you probably know what the IAS is all about and why becoming an IAS officer is a very good career option. However, just incase you do not know, let us give you some quick information on IAS!

If you become an IAS officer, you become part of the Indian Administrative Service. You will be part of the Govt. You can work from “the inside” and change “the system”!!

If you have a dream for India, or if you, like us, believe that India will soon be a “super-power”. If you want to be part of the process of making India a great nation, IAS is for you! Being an IAS officer, there is a lot more power and control you have so that you can be part of Emerging India!

Besides that, IAS is a great career option! You get many “perks of the job” when you are an IAS officer. You will have “job security”, “discount on Govt. services”, “Govt. provided transportation” and many more things... Even though the monthly salary provided by the IAS career is not too high, the “perks” make up for the less salary!
18th June 2013, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

how can i become an IAS . but i am studying physiotherpy 1 year . how can i start prepartion for ias exam?
20th June 2013, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

hi...i m in 10th...and i want to become I.A.S so which steam i should choose in 11th that could help me to attain my goal?
16th March 2014, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Steps to be taken after 12th to become an IAS officer? Best books for preparation?

Quote:
I am in IX std but wish to work for it right since now!please help me out.
18th March 2014, 02:48 PM
abhijit panday

Quote:
Hello Mr. , first of all You get a academic degree in which subject you like. Take B.A. or B.Sc. .and preparation must go on in this time period. And are requried in special type of subject tell us. For pri. take arihant pratiyogita darpan.
24th May 2014, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Graduation by which course is helpful in IAS
and after graduation where is get good coaching in Indore
plz give some contact number by which I can get
more information about the exams which are hld every
year.
28th May 2014, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE HELP!
l have got 65% in class 12 taking science stream!
is it possible to take arts stream in 3 as i want to appear IAS after graduation?
28th May 2014, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE HELP!
l have got 65% in class 12 taking science stream!
is it possible to take arts stream in 3 as i want to appear IAS after graduation?
19th August 2015, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

can I become pass in IAS main exam to take two optional subject as zoology & botany
20th March 2016, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Can i take academic degree in BCA(Bachelor of Computer Applications)?
28th March 2016, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Steps to be taken after 12th to become an IAS officer? Best books for preparation?

Quote:
my name is nadshri. i am in 8 class my aim is to become I.A.S . thats i can preprar for now or from 10 which subject is main for I.A.S
Study till 12th with full concentration and then graduate with the subject you are most interested and then fill application form for upsc ias services
17th May 2016, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I HAD COMPLETED MY GRADUATION FROM SCHOOL OF OPEN LEARNING , DELHI UNIVERSITY. MAY I ELIGIBLE TO GIVE IAS RELIM EXAMS
Yes, obviously you are eligible to get your hands in civil service competitive exams if you had got your UG degree from any government recognized institute.
18th May 2016, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 2 (non medical) now I want to prepare for I.a.s. tell me the right course to do plz
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?