15th August 2016, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Which undergraduate programme is best for IAS preparation?

I have completed my 12th this year in non medical stream. Which undergraduate programme I should choose? Which will be the best for IAS preparation?

15th August 2016, 06:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which undergraduate programme is best for IAS preparation?

There is no need to opt any particular stream for pursuing your Graduation in order to prepare for IAS examination. You can opt for any course of your interest for pursuing Graduation. Since, you have completed 12th standard in Non-Medical Science stream, you can opt for B.Tech, B.E, BCA, BBA, B.Sc., B.Arch, etc, of your interest. After completion of your Graduation from a recognised university, you can apply for IAS examination.
15th August 2016, 07:09 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You are free to choose stream. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year.
UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.
You myst be a holder of Bachelor degree and there is no any particular stream decided by the government till now.
You have to choose some optional subject for discriptive examination. That is why it will be helpful if you choose History, Geography, Political Science, English and many more.
Some of the subjects are as under:-
History
Political Science
Geography
English
Hindi
Physics
Chemistry
Agriculture Science
Home Science
Economics
Accounts
Mathematics
Business Management
Income Tax
Psychology
Sociology
15th August 2016, 07:35 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are free to select any stream in which you have interest in undergraduate course to appear for Civil Services examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years. So, you just need to prepare for examination and focus on one paper mainly which you want to select it as optional paper for Mains examination. To qualify in examination you need to start preparation with better strategy through syllabus.
15th August 2016, 08:59 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You are free to choose stream. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year.
UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.
You myst be a holder of Bachelor degree and there is no any particular stream decided by the government till now.
You have to choose some optional subject for discriptive examination. That is why it will be helpful if you choose History, Geography, Political Science, English and many more.
Some of the subjects are as under:-
History
Political Science
Geography
English
Hindi
Physics
Chemistry
Agriculture Science
Home Science
Economics
Accounts
Mathematics
Business Management
Income Tax
Psychology
Sociology
15th August 2016, 09:57 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination clearly mention that graduates from any discipline can appear for Civil Services examination. You can pursue your bachelor's degree in any discipline. Discipline should be as per your interest and no particular stream is the best or other is worst for this exam.

From my point of view, a candidate must select that stream in bachelor's degree which includes subject as per his interest, so that later on, you can take that subject as optional subject. So, select the stream in bachelor's degree for Civil Services exam as per your interest.
15th August 2016, 10:11 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service. UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination every year for selection of candidates as I.A.S, I.PS, I.F.S etc.

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-

Preliminary.
Mains.
Interview.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years and +3 and +5 years in upper age limit to appear for examination.

The candidates are eligible to select the optional paper other than discipline paper to appear for examination. So, you are eligible to pursue any course in undergraduate degree to appear for entrance examination.

If you have interest in English, History, Politics or Geography it will be best to select the discipline paper among them which will be helpful for you in Mains stage of examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?