25th September 2015, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

What is the full form of IFS exam? Which post will i get after clearing UPSC IFS exam?

I want to know about the full form of IFS. Does it means Indian forest service or indian foreign service. When i pass UPSC IFS exam, which one i will get- indian forest service or indian foreign service?

25th September 2015, 09:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the full form of IFS exam? Which post will i get after clearing UPSC IFS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know about the full form of IFS. Does it means Indian forest service or indian foreign service. When i pass UPSC IFS exam, which one i will get- indian forest service or indian foreign service?
IFS stands for Indian Forest Service exam which is conducted by UPSC through Indian Forest Service exam.

IFS stands for Indian Foreign Service exam which is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for Indian Forest Service exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Indian Foreign Services exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
26th September 2015, 12:01 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the full form of IFS exam? Which post will i get after clearing UPSC IFS exam?

IFS stands for the Indian Foreign Service as well as the Indian Forest Service. But there is no separate examination for the Foreign service as the candidates after qualifying in the CSE examination are eligible for it where as there is separate examination for the Forest service.

So if you appear for the IFS examination conducted by the UPSC every year you will be recruited as officer in the Forest Service. The eligibility for the both the examination is same but there is some limitation on the discipline of the graduation for the forest service.

For more information about the examination procedure visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
26th September 2015, 10:36 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IFS stands for the Indian Forest Services as well as Indian Foreign Services. There is a separate entrance exam for Indian Forest Services and Civil Services examination is conducted for the Indian Foreign Services. The preliminary examination for both the services is same. Mains exam differs.

For Indian Foreign Services, any graduate can apply for the Civil Services exam but for Forest Services, a candidate must have done bachelor's degree and should have studied at least of one subjects like Botany, Physic,s Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Animal Husbandry or Veterinary science, or bachelor's degree in engineering or agriculture.

The age limit is 21-32 years with upper age relaxation for candidates of reserved category.

After clearing the entrance exam, you will be on probation and undergo training in the cadre which you have selected. Once the training period is over, you will get a designation of Assistant Inspector General of Forests.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?