24th October 2016, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

What kind of jobs IAS do and what is their salary?

Sir, I am planning to complete the course of B.Sc(chemistry). I want to become an IAS. Also, after clearing IAS (all three parts) what type of job will I get? What is its average salary?

Related Questions:
  1. What kind of jobs can we get after MSc Biotechnology? How much is the salary?
  2. Baseline salary of B.Com+CA in India? Salary structure from the baseline and how high it can go? What kind of jobs can a person get and qualifications required?
  3. What kind of Jobs are offered for Computer Engineers in Air Force? How much salary offered for these Jobs? Required Qualification to apply for these Jobs?
  4. What kind of jobs can I get after completion of MSc geoinformatics? What is the salary?
  5. What kind of jobs are available for me after passing IPCC examination? What is the starting salary?
  6. Career scope for students who have done BSc Honors in Chemistry? What kind of jobs are there? How much is the salary?
  7. What kind of jobs are available for Diploma in Agriculture candidate? Starting salary after completing Diploma?
  8. What kind of jobs can I get related to my degree after completing B.E, MBA
  9. What kind of jobs are available for B.Sc(IT) candidate? Expected salary as a fresher?
  10. What kind of job is offered after completion of MBA in Marketing or Finance? What is the salary to expect? -- [New]
  11. What is the scope of Diploma in Forensic Science? What kind of jobs will be offered aftet this course and what will be the salary?
  12. What kind of jobs are available after doing M.Pharm in Pharmaceutics and what is the salary package?
  13. which is better structures or constuction management? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What kind of jobs are there after completing BSc CS?
  15. What kind of government job can I get after diploma in ETC? What would be the average salary in government jobs?
  16. What kind of jobs can a Mechanical Engineer get in ISRO? What will be the salary for those jobs?
  17. What kind of job should I apply after B.Tech in IT if I am not interested in Software related job? Are there any government jobs like IAS for which I can apply?
  18. What kind of jobs are available after completing BSc in Biotech? How much is the salary?
24th October 2016, 11:07 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of jobs IAS do and what is their salary?

After clearing IAS examination you can get appointed for the following designations:

> Chairman of Board of Revenue.

> Member Board of Revenue.

> Divisional Commissioner.

> District Magistrate/District Collector/Deputy Commissioner.

> SDO/SDM/Joint Collector/Chief Development Officer (CDO).

The salary of an IAS officer depends upon their positions and it ranges from Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 80,000/- per month. After the stage of 7th pay commission an IAS officer can get a salary of Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 12,25,000/-, as per their designations.
25th October 2016, 12:30 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am planning to complete the course of B.Sc(chemistry). I want to become an IAS. Also, after clearing IAS (all three parts) what type of job will I get? What is its average salary?

After the completion of IAS, one is given the post of Assistant Collector in your respective state. After around 5 months, you will be posted as Assistant Secretary. These are the first posts given to you after completion of IAS. The recruiter will be put into two year probation period. After that he is posted as Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM), also known as Sub Collector. The salary will be around Rs 61,300 per month approximately.
25th October 2016, 01:54 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

To apply for IAS job complete your graduation first from a valid university. To become IAS clear preliminary exam, then main exam & last is Interview. There will be intense training for 6- 8 months or may be more. After that will become District Collector. The salary would be around INR 80000/- pm or more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?