14th January 2016, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Whether a 3rd division in bachelor degree apply for PCS entrance or not?

I have got 3rd division in bachelor degree.I am planning to appear for the pcs entrance exam. I want to know if i am eligible for entrance or not?

14th January 2016, 10:37 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a 3rd division in bachelor degree apply for PCS entrance or not?

Yes, you are eligible for PCS entrance exam.

Punjab Civil Services (PCS) is an entrance exam conducted by the state of Punjab. The eligibility requirements to appear for the exam is given below.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be in the range of 21-28 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should have a minimum of graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.

* Candidate who are final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the preliminary examination.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personal Interview.

As you have completed graduation you are eligible to apply for the exam. The division or percentage of marks are irrelevant for PCS entrance exam.
15th January 2016, 09:05 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a 3rd division in bachelor degree apply for PCS entrance or not?

Yes, candidates passed graduation from recognised university are eligible to appear for Public Commission Service examination conducted by different state education boar

The eligibility to appear for most of state PCS examination is candidate must have passed graduation with minimum passing percentage in any discipline.

So, you can appear for examination, but age limit vary for different PCS examination. For more information about examination visit the official website.
15th January 2016, 06:40 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for PCS examination after completing your graduation.

To appear for PCS examination required qualification is graduation in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum passing percentage. So, you can appear for examination.

The age limit for examination has relaxation for reserved category candidates as compared to open category candidates. So, to get information in detail about examination visit the official website of state education board.
15th January 2016, 07:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

PCS is generally used for Public Service Commission examinations which are basically conducted for recruitment at the higher administrative posts within a particular state or across the country.

Basically PCS are os two types out of which one is held by UPSC for recruitment of administrative officer across the country and other is held by various state board of education for recruitment within the same state.

--> The general qualifications required for appearing in the PCS examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India for appearing in any PCS examination.

* You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university for appearing in any PCS. Here marks or division is not important.

* Your age must not be below 21 years where as must not exceed 32 years for your eligibility for UPSC examination. For different state PCS age limit is different so to get exact details about the age limit of a particular state PCS you can refer to its respective official link. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms in each case.

--> Also each PCS examination includes three stages which are called as Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

So bachelor degree holder with third division you are eligible for appearing in PCS examination on the basis of required educational qualification but you must satisfy the other criteria too.

For more details and updates about different PCS examinations you can refer to its official link.
23rd July 2022, 04:22 AM
Unregistered

My age is 47 now I want to appear pcs or upsc exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?