22nd March 2016, 06:32 AM
Unregistered

Whether B.Com students are qualified for being an Income Tax Officer or not?

I have completed my under graduation in B.com. I want to become a income tax officer. So please guide me whether i am qualified enough to become an Income Tax officer or not?

22nd March 2016, 09:12 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether B.Com students are qualified for being an Income Tax Officer or not?

Yes, you are very much eligible to become an Income Tax Officer. Any graduate from a recognized University can become an Income Tax Officer if he/she is able to score well in SSC-CGL examination.

Therefore, you need not worry as you are qualified enough to opt for the post.
22nd March 2016, 10:53 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether B.Com students are qualified for being an Income Tax Officer or not?

Yes, you are eligible to become Income tax officer. To become income tax officer you have to appear and qualify in CGL examination.

CGL examination is conducted in three stages and conducted by SSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 18-27 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.ssc.nic.in
22nd March 2016, 11:42 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my under graduation in B.com. I want to become a income tax officer. So please guide me whether i am qualified enough to become an Income Tax officer or not?

Yes, you are eligible for Income Tax Officer post with B.Com qualification. The aspirant can achieve this through 2 ways one is by appearing the UPSC Civil Services Examination (Indian Revenue Service) and the other option is by appearing in Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). For both the examinations the B.Com degree is accepted. The website link of UPSC Official website, the website link of SSC is Official website. You can check the other details in the official website links given.
22nd March 2016, 11:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate passed graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear for CGL examination.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for final selection. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate age must be between 18-27 years.

So, you can appear for examination. To get details about syllabus for examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
23rd March 2016, 03:36 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become Income tax officer.

Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam to recruit the candidates in Income tax department for various posts.

The eligibility requirements to become income tax officer is given below.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidate's age should be in the range of 18-27 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should have completed their graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.

As you have completed graduation in commerce you are eligible to apply for the Income tax officer exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?