3rd June 2016, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

After Sy.B.Com CPT is optional or mandatory? Will I be eligible for IPCC with Ty.B.Com?

Please do tell me that whether i will be eligible for IPCC with Ty.B.Com or not after Sy.B.Com without CPT? I mean to say that after Sy.B.Com, CPT is optional or compulsory?

4th June 2016, 08:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After Sy.B.Com CPT is optional or mandatory? Will I be eligible for IPCC with Ty.B.Com?

Yes, you are eligible to register for IPCC directly without appearing in CPT examination only after completion of your three years B.Com course with minimum aggregate of 55% marks from a recognised university. You can't register for IPCC without completing your B.Com course then, you need to appear in CPT examination on basis of 12th standard and you can get admission in CA course. So, I suggest you to complete your three years B.Com course, so, that you are eligible to do IPCC course without appearing in CPT examination.
4th June 2016, 11:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After Sy.B.Com CPT is optional or mandatory? Will I be eligible for IPCC with Ty.B.Com?

Direct registration for CA IPCC without CPT is only possible after completion of B.Com degree with 55% marks. At present you have to apply for CPT because you haven't completed B.Com till now.

Hence, for now CA CPT is compulsory for you according to your qualification.
4th June 2016, 11:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

CPT stands for Common Proficieny Test. It is an entrance examination which is conducted for offering admissions to CA course. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in CPT examination.

Candidates who have completed B.Com course with minimum aggregate of 55% marks from a Government recognied university are exempted from appearing in CPT examination and they can directly register for IPCC. Candidates who fail to secure minimum aggregate of 55% marks in B.Com course need to appear in CPT examination.

Candidates who have completed second year of B.Com course are not exempted from appearing in CPT examination and they can't register for IPCC. So, I advise you to complete your B.Com course with more than 55% aggregate marks from a Government rceognised university to be eligible to directly register for IPCC level.
10th June 2016, 11:05 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

As per the ICAI Rules Graduates with Commerce with 55% of marks and other graduate holders must have 65 %are eligible for CA Course through Direct entry route otherwise you can join CA course through CPT (Foundation) Route.

Through direct entry route you can able to skip the CPT course which is a Entry level of the CA Course, and you have to join the CA IPCC level which is Intermediate level in this course after completion of this level you can eligible for CA final level .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?