23rd July 2015, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for BITSAT being a 12th Biology student?

Sir,
I have taken Biology as a Main subject in my 12th standard. Now I would like to know that I am eligible to apply for BITSAT or not? Kindly let me know about this immediately.

24th July 2015, 11:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for BITSAT being a 12th Biology student?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for BITSAT examination after completion of your 12th standard in Non-Medical Science stream. But, to be eligible to appear in BITSAT examination, you must have to obtain a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics,
Chemistry and Biology subjects in your 12th standard board examinations with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
25th July 2015, 11:17 AM
pjgp

Yes, you are eligible for BITSAT examination.
The candidate must clear class 12th board exam with physics, chemistry and maths, as their subject will appear for the exam.
B.PHARMA (hons) program, student with physics. Chemistry. Biology in class 12th can also apply.
The candidate must be obtained atleast 60% in each of the above mentioned subject 75% in aggregate.
Adequate proficieny in english.
BITSAT Examination is online the student has to sit infront of computer and has to click the correct answer choosen in screen.
Present student of any of BITS Campus will not be eligible to appear for BITSAT.
For student who have taken class 12th board exams for more than once only lastest performance is considered.
25th July 2015, 11:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have taken Biology as a Main subject in my 12th standard. Now I would like to know that I am eligible to apply for BITSAT or not? Kindly let me know about this immediately.
If you have fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for BIT SAT exam.

Details of BITSAT exam is given below.

Those candidates who have completed their 10+2 from a recognized Board in the country are eligible for BITSAT exam. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Candidates must be proficient in English also.

Your age should be above 17 years.

You can apply online by clicking on the link http://www.bitsadmission.com/
25th July 2015, 04:40 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

NO , you are not eligible to appear for BITSAT after passing 12th in Biology stream .

BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test .

The eligibility criteria for BITSAT are as under :-

- The candidate must have passed 12th class under the 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.

- The candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate .

- The candidate should have secured 60% marks individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics .

-The candidate must have ability to read and write in English language .
26th July 2015, 10:47 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for BITSAT being a 12th Biology student. However, you are eligible to apply for only B.Pharm programme since for other programme you must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in your 12th. You should have 75% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology to be eligible for BITSAT. For details, you can refer the attachment below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BITSAT2015_brochure.pdf(7.95 MB, 11 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?