28th November 2010, 03:22 AM
anuj.rajput1

Am I eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation?

Respected sir/mam, my name is anuj im in B.B.A 3rd yr persuing my graduation from jims college delhi ,whoz affiliated from guru jambeshwar university hissar and they r givin distance education degree wid regular gdib (graduation diploma in international business) plz plz help me my average percentage is almost 50%am i eligible fr ias or not seriously sir i feel so glad if u help me pz plz nd tel whether am i eligible fr ias or not plz....

29th November 2010, 04:27 PM
Jinu Alex

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation?

dear friend,
the basic criteria for getting selected foe ias is the upsc marks and the ias exam mark. so strive hard to score the highest in your category and then nobody can stop you from attaining your goal.
all he very best. god bless you
29th November 2010, 10:26 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

This is the criteria.

Eligibility Criteria:

A candidate should have a degree from a recognized institute/university or an equivalent qualification. Also a candidate should be between 21 and 30 years of age as on 1st August, 2011. Relaxation in age limit is given to various reserved categories.

All the best.
30th November 2010, 03:11 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey there's nothing as such that you need minimum of some percentage required to attend the exam all you need to be is between the age group of 21-30 years and having an under graduation degree in hand.

all the best
30th November 2010, 10:15 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Yes, you are eligible to appear in civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility requirement for CSE is as follows:
Age - A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.
The upper age limit for IAS Exam prescribed above is relaxable for ST, SC, OBC & PD candidates.

Education - The candidate must hold a bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized Universities.
There is no percentage requirement.
11th January 2011, 02:41 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

the eligibility criterion for IAS is you should have graduation degree from a recognized university. there are no minimum marks criterion.

so when you will complete your graduation in BBA then you will be eligible for IAS examination. marks is not a matter. but at the time of appearing in the examination your age must be in between 21 to 30 and you have to fulfill other eligibility criterion.

IAS examination is very tough examination. competition is very high. if you want to do well in the examination study with more care. then surely you will be able to crack the examination.

best wishes.
11th January 2011, 02:59 PM
vikul

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation?

Dear friend

You are only eligible in IAS exam if your age is between 21-30 years and you hold a bachelors degree.There is no minimum percentage required for appearing in the exam.

SO DON'T WORRY

BEST OF LUCK
11th January 2011, 03:43 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation?

Dear friend Percentage doesn't matter in IAS Exam
only the thing which matters is your communication skill,your technical knowledge.

So for IAS Exam the applicant should have updated mind, good communication skill as well as gook technical skill,must have good knowledge of current affair.

Good luck..........
11th January 2011, 03:51 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for IAS examination. The eligiblity criteria is to hold the degree from a recognised university affiliated by the university grants commission. So you are eligible.
Every year UPSC conducts IAS preliminary exams and the candidates selected from the prelims will be called for the main examination and there after you will be called for the interview if you pass in the main exam. So this is the procedure.There are even free attempts eligible for the candidates according to their castes. Regardless of marks, if you strive to excel you can do it by will power, constant preparation and immense hardwork. You can even attend TNPSC group I examination where it is also called for the post of Deputy Collector and the other Services Examination.
11th January 2011, 05:24 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj.rajput1 View Post
Respected sir/mam, my name is anuj im in B.B.A 3rd yr persuing my graduation from jims college delhi ,whoz affiliated from guru jambeshwar university hissar and they r givin distance education degree wid regular gdib (graduation diploma in international business) plz plz help me my average percentage is almost 50%am i eligible fr ias or not seriously sir i feel so glad if u help me pz plz nd tel whether am i eligible fr ias or not plz....
Yes offcourse you can go for IAS exam.
Minimum education criteria = Graduate
Maximum age criteria = 28yrs (for General category and I think it is 32 years for SC/ ST categories)

How to apply:-You have to apply for UPSC (Union Public Services Commission) exam.

This time UPSC pattern is changed and it is called as CSAT which is expected to come into effect from Civil Services Examination, 2011.
11th January 2011, 05:37 PM
vskkarthick
Junior Member+

Quote:
dude all indian nationalities with any UG graduation are eligible to write IAS exam but only tallented guy can overcome from all those competitions and succeed.
TRY HARD UNTILL YOU ACHIVE
11th January 2011, 05:57 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

hi friend,
there is no percentage demand in IAS exam so,you are eligible selection is done on the basis of UPSC marks
11th January 2011, 06:00 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

your graduation marks doesn't matter for appearing in IAS exam .you should have a graduation degree from any recognized university.

so, first of all complete your BBA first then you will be elligible for IAS examination .your age shouldn't cross 30.

IAS is a standard exam and is considered tough to crack so prepare it accordingly.
for your further help i had attached the file which contain the full elligibility criteria of IAS. please visit this file for further help.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Eligibility Criteria For IAS.docx(26.3 KB, 73 views)
11th January 2011, 06:45 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Hello Anuj,

To become IAS, you need to write civil service exam conducted by UPSC.
The eligibility criteria:
Graduation from any recognized university.
Age should be 21- 30 years.

There is limitation in terms of marks. If you are a graduate, then you are eligible to take this exam.
So, you can write civil service exam conducted by UPSC.

All the best.
11th January 2011, 07:05 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

hi friend,
there is no percentage requirenment for IAS exam so you can fill the form.
11th January 2011, 08:35 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Friend, IAS examination competition is very high. For IAS examination you should have graduate from a recognized university in any stream and age between 21 to 30 year. there is no required minimum marks in graduation. If your marks is 50% then you are eligible for IAS examination if your age is between 21 to 30. all the best.
11th January 2011, 09:13 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation
the basic criteria for getting selected foe ias is the upsc marks and the ias exam mark. so strive hard to score the highest in your category and then nobody can stop you from attaining your goal.

good luck
11th January 2011, 11:45 PM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know for IAS you should have graduation degree from a recognized university.you your age is from21tears to 30 years.then you are eligible for the IAS exam there is criteria for the minimum marks in graduation.
so you are eligible for the IAS exam.
good luck......
12th January 2011, 12:36 AM
sauravkumarjhumritelaiya
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation?

The basic criteria for the eligibility of IAS exam is not that what percent you secure in the 10th,12th and graduation …….
So, be chill and prepare for the exam
But there is age limit i.e the candidates should be within 21year to 30year!!.......

for more knowledge of details search the link given below

http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th January 2011, 05:57 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

There is no any boundary condition of marks in eligibility criteria of ias. it means only you need is the graduation degree from some recognized university and you should be physically and mentally fit.so just complete your B.B.A first and then apply for IAS.
12th January 2011, 04:06 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hi,

No need to worry , you are definitely eligible to sit in upsc civil services exam. You just need to be graduated and 21-30 years of age.
12th January 2011, 06:33 PM
rihhu
Member+

hi my dear
there is a good news for you that you are eligible for ias because there is no criteria of marks there is just one thing and that is your age and that should be between 21-30yrs

and many students apply for it so this study hard and there is some provision for reserved students you can check in the following website

all the best
12th January 2011, 07:21 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Criteria for IAS requires that you should be a graduate from recognized & valid university.Also your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Refer official website for more detail:
12th January 2011, 10:36 PM
saswata06

Yes,you are eligible for the IAS,Despite of the fact that you have 50% in your graduation as the minimum eligibility is only graduation.
13th January 2011, 10:04 AM
sonu1234

for eligibilty of IAS you must have graduation degree and your age in between 21 to 30.
there is no mark criteria that you must have 60 or 55 % mark. so, you are eligible.
best of luck
13th January 2011, 10:52 AM
ajay jatiya

yes you are eligible for ias exam because there is a no need of any percentage in graduation. if you are in final year in degree you can also apply if you are not below the age of 21 years becase age limit is 21-30 in this exam. the exam will be conducted in month of june on 12june sunday you must apply.Firstly you have appear in the prelimanlary exam it will consists of two part first is general studies and second is c set both will be 200 marks each. after passed the pre exam you have to appear in the main exam. they will be conducted in the months of october and november and after the you have to appear ininverview. wish you all the best
13th January 2011, 08:19 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Well friend,

There is nothing like minimum Educational marks to be needed to write IAS examination,
because as per the Educational qualification, Aspirant has to be passed his graduation
and 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Note:-Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit.
15th January 2011, 02:36 PM
Ajay kumar verma

No if you have not 60% marks in graduation you are not eligible for IAS.
15th January 2011, 11:55 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Quote:
The basic requirement is to have a graduation degree.Also your age should be between 21 to 30 years.
So you are elligible.
10th March 2011, 09:45 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Dear friend
For IAS exam,graduation is the eligibility criteria in education and age should be 21 to 30 years.

As per eligibility criteria you are eligible..........after graduation.

For all the details of UPSC IAS exam:
www.upsc.gov.in
11th March 2011, 03:38 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

YES, you are eligible for IAS exam with 50 % marks in Graduation.

Eligibility for IAS entrance exams: -

1. Bachelor’s degree in any subject or in any engineering stream or equivqlent from a recognised institute / university.

2. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years
for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

3. Nationality - Indian

NOTE: - Final year appearing candidates can also apply for UPSC IAS exam.

All the Best
11th March 2011, 07:44 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation?

hello anuj..

don't get tensed ya..

you're perfectly eligible..

congratulations for your eligibility..

now i'm going to briefly explain you about IAS exam.

this is actually called as Civil services Examination.

this is conducted to select top brains of India..

here the eligibility criteria is not your degrees..

just naam ke vasthe ...you should have one degree from anyone recognised university..

you should strictly be an Indian.

and the main most important is your passion for helping your country to be developed..

and you should have the age of 21 years.

for any info. further

click on to these links

www.upscportal.com

www.onestopias.com

all the best

~aditya~
11th March 2011, 11:13 PM
Sanjiv sharma

Upsc conducts civil service examination every year and selects officers like IAS,IPS,IFS etc through this examination. The notification for 2011 civil service exam is published in the employment news dated 19 feb-25 feb 2011. You can check it for all the informations and eligibility conditions. Some important dates and eligibility criteria
Qualification required- graduation in any stream( no percentage required)
Age limit
21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is given as per govt rules.
Date of notification of CSE-2011
19 feb 2011
Last date of submission of form
21 march 2011
Date of CSAT exam(preliminary)
12 june 2011
You can also apply online using website
www.upsconline.govt.in
For more info please visit
www.upsc.govt.in
Good luck
11th March 2011, 11:26 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
IAS Eligibility are as ;
(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

BEST OF LUCK
11th March 2011, 11:47 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Graduation Is The Minimum Eligiblity To Appear In UPSC Examination.

If You Are Graduate, then You Can Apply for UPSC Examination.

There Is No Minimum Eligiblity To Apply for UPSC Examination.

So, If You Are Interested, then Please Apply Soon, Because The Last Date Of Apply For UPSC Exams Was 21/March/2011.

The Exams Was Likely To be Held On 12/June/2011.

So, Please Apply Soon, The Notification Was Availiable In The Official Website. So, Please Visit The Official Website For More Details -

http://upsconline.nic.in/index.php
11th March 2011, 11:48 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

In IAS exmination there is no limit of marks in graduation only passed the graduation so you are eligible for IAS exam. IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in every year. You can apply in the final year of graduation on the website http://www.upsc.gov.in
You can get ll information on the above website.
11th March 2011, 11:54 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

yes you are eligible :

eligibility criteria for IAS :

A degree of any of the recognized Universities.

Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are
awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination

Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government.

Date of notification ::19 feb 2011
Last date of submission of form::21 march 2011
Date of exam(preliminary) ::12 june 2011

for more information ::
www.upsc.govt.in
11th March 2011, 11:56 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:

Yes,you are Eligible for appearing in IAS.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS:-

You should have a Graduate degree form any recognized university in any stream.

your age should be between 21-30 years but upper age relaxation for various categorizes under UPSC norms.

i have attached the UPSC notification for IAS for year 2011.Please find the attachment and read it carefully.
12th March 2011, 12:03 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Am I eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation?

dear friend yes you are surely eligible for IAS exam and if you are belong to any reserved category then you will get age relaxation.that's why you should preparation and crack the IAS exam......
12th March 2011, 01:49 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

General criteria for IAS ( Indian administrative service) is

-should have minimum graduation qualification to apply
-age should be between 21 to 30 years for general category
-age should be between 21 to 33 years for OBC category
-for SC/ST category there is only min age is required that is 21
-candidate should have Indian citizenship card.

If you full fill with the above mention information,that's enough,other than this no other information is not required to apply for job.So don't worry about the percentage,if your age and qualification is full filled,then apply for the IAS exam.

WORK HARD............ALL THE BEST
12th March 2011, 06:46 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Eligibility Criteria :-

The percentage does not matter for the IAS exam.So you are eligible.I'm providing you the eligibility criteria so that it can be helpful to you.

*The candidate must be of Indian in nationality.

*You need to complete your graduation course to appear in the exam.Final year Students can Also join for the Exam.

* Your age must be in between 21 to 30 years Of age.
12th March 2011, 07:00 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation
Eligibility Criteria:
A candidate should have a degree from a recognized institute/university or an equivalent qualification. Also a candidate should be between 21 and 30 years of age as on 1st August, 2011. Relaxation in age limit is given to various reserved categories.
Graduation Is The Minimum Eligiblity To Appear In UPSC Examination.
If You Are Graduate, then You Can Apply for UPSC Examination.
There Is No Minimum Eligiblity To Apply for UPSC Examination.
So, If You Are Interested, then Please Apply Soon, Because The Last Date Of Apply For UPSC Exams Was 21/March/2011.
The Exams Was Likely To be Held On 12/June/2011.
So, Apply Soon, The Notification Was Availiable In The Official Website. So, Please Visit The Official Website For More Details -

http://upsconline.nic.in/index.php

good luck
12th March 2011, 09:19 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Yes Definitely.Your are Eligible To Apply For Civil Service Examination.

Eligibility criteria :

Age limits : 21 - 30 yrs.

The candidate must possess a bachelor's degree from any recognized

University.Those in the final year of a degree course can also Eligible.

So,If you have interested give for civil service Examination.

Last date for receipt of Application : 21.3.11

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
12th March 2011, 12:10 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Graduation percentage doesn't matter in IAS,
you just need to be a graduate(pass) or in final yr of your graduation,
from a recognized college or university,
so do not worry about appearing
prepare well, secon divisioners have even topped IAS
go for it
12th March 2011, 07:15 PM
Yogeshdayal

Eligibility:

Graduation from the recognized university.

Percentage is not the main resource to write the IAS examination.

So you can you can write IAS exam.
12th March 2011, 08:46 PM
k.ajaykumar

there is no percentage required for applying ias exam.it consists of an two examinations
i)preliminary and
ii)mains
if u had qualified in the preliminary and then u are eligible for the mains examination
if u r qualified in the mains and u want to face the interview after that u have a training and after that u can join in the post u r interested
13th March 2011, 10:08 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definitely, you will be eligible for IAS after BBA.

as minimum qualification graduation is require to attain in the IAS exam.

and minimum 50% marks in BBA is require to attain in the IAS exam.

age limit for IAS exam is 21-29 years.

all the best..............
14th March 2011, 08:03 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

yes you can be IAS .

eligibility for IAS :

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011, 35 years for SC/ST and 33 for OBC .

education :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university.

Important dates for UPSC Exam is:

Date of Notification:: 19.02.2011
Last date for receipt for application:: 21.03.2011
Date of Examination ::12.06.2011

clcik here www.upsc.gov.in for more details.
18th March 2011, 04:10 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Ofcourse!! you are completely eligible for the IAS.
Look for IAS you need to appear for the Civil Service exams conducted by the UPSC.

Now the minimum eligibility criteria regarding CSAT is that you must be a graduate in any field from a recognized university.Also, if you are in the final year then also you can apply.
There is no criteria pertaining to the percentage, so that wont bother at all.

Other eligibility Criteria:

Age Limit:

Minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August 20 of the Year of exam.
Upper age limit is 30 years(Relaxations according to govt. Rules)

Maximum Attempts:

General:4
OBC:7
SC/ST:No Limit

Important Dates:

*Last Date of applying:21.03.2011
*Date of Prelim Examination:12.06.2011
*Date Of Main Exam:27.10.2011

You can register online at:

http://164.100.9.113/index.php

Conclusion:Yes, You are eligible!!!

Refer to the attachment for details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service 2011.pdf(346.2 KB, 134 views)
30th April 2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

how to joint i.a.s with pass graduated in b.sc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?