16th May 2015, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Best course for B.Com student after completing graduation?

Sir/Madam,
I have completed my graduation(B.com). I am in a confusion for what course i have to further opt for.so please help me and also please mention that is doing MBA as distance education has relevance as a regular one?

16th May 2015, 09:28 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Best course for B.Com student after completing graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,
I have completed my graduation(B.com). I am in a confusion for what course i have to further opt for.so please help me and also please mention that is doing MBA as distance education has relevance as a regular one?
It's nice to see that you are interested to apply for Higher degree course after completing B.Com. There are various courses are available after completing B.Com. Here, I have listed you some best course, which you can apply after B.Com.

-> Master of Commerce (M.Com) is a two years Master degree, which is related to Accounting based course.
-> Master of Business Administration (MBA) is two years professional course, which relating to Management based course.

Both the MBA and M.Com has different specialization and each and every specialization having good job prospects in both the Government and Public sectors as well. The specializations like, Finance, Human Resources Management, Bank Management etc.

You can apply for any one of the above course based on your Interest and future aspiration. You must think, what do you want do to become in future before applying for the course. MBA through Distance / Regular both is having different values. MBA through regular mode having good value, then an MBA through distance mode. Most of the reputed companies, which prefer only the candidate through regular mode.
17th May 2015, 12:14 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

There are many courses available for the candidates who are willing to continue their studies after completing the graduation. You can select one of the course in which you are interested from below.

Courses related to B.Com:

1. MBA
2. M.Com
3. Chartered Account
4. MCA
5. Hotel Management
6. Cost Accounting
7. Company Secretary
8. ICWA
9. CWA
17th May 2015, 01:55 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The course options available after completion of B.Com degree are as under:-

The most ideal option for a student who completes B. Com is post graduation in commerce i.e. M.Com.

The candidate can also opt for MBA (Finance/Investments).

The candidate can appear for Civil Services examination.

The candidate can apply for Job in banking sector.

Chartered Accountancy is one of the most coveted career option for any commerce student.

The candidate can opt for Company Secretaryship which is one of the lucrative career option after B.Com. CS is offered by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and the duration is three years.

Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is another option after B.Com.
17th May 2015, 02:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

The best course you can opt after your successful completion of B.Com course is "M.Com (Master of Commerce)" course. There are many courses available for you to pursue after completion of Bachelor of Commerce Course. The other good option other than M.Com course is Master of Business Administration (MBA). Suitable courses for B.Com Graduates are M.Com or MBA in which Core concepts are not dealt with, where as in M.Com almost core concepts are dealt with and is suitable for candidates who wish to lead their life with fundamentals and core concepts of course. If a candidate pursues MBA through distance education from a recognized university then both MBA Regular degree and MBA Distance degree are equivalent. If you wish to go with MBA course, then I would strongly suggest you to study regular course rather distance education. Other courses which can be done after completion of B.Com are, MFM, CA, ICWA and Company Secretary courses.
17th May 2015, 04:51 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Commerce is considered as one of the best degree in India.

After completion of your B.Com degree you will be mainly eligible for two sectors that are financial and other is non financial

Financial sectors includes company secretary, chartered accountants and banking etc. Non financial sectors are civil services and mass communication etc

As a commerce student you can join CS ( Company secretary) and CA ( Chartered Accountany) both are promising career options after B.com

There is large scope as a chartered accountants in India one of the prestigious position

You can even go for higher studies in the following fields:

> Master of Commerce in Cost Control and Control Accounts

> Master of Commerce in Corporate Accountancy

> Master of Commerce in Advanced Accountancy

> Master of Commerce in Accounting and Finance

> Master of Commerce in Accounting and Taxation

> Master of Commerce in Accounting and Auditing

> Master of Commerce in Accountancy and Business Statistics

> Master of Business Administration in Cost and Management Accounting, etc.

Aspirants who have successfully completed higher studies in Accounting have a lot of job opportunities available in various sectors in our country

Some of the common areas where these people can find job openings include the following:

> Customs department

> Economic consulting jobs

> Indian Economic services

> Tax consultancy

> Insurance industry

> Actuaries

> Investments

> Import Companies

> Export Companies

> Banking sector

> Financial firms

> Chartered accounting

> Stock broking

> Corporate recovery

> Corporate finance, etc.

Students can even go for government jobs like;

> Bank Clerk

> Bank PO

> Railways

> SSC

> SSB, etc.

Jobs are also available in private sectors such as;

> BANKING.

> RETAIL.

> IT.

> FMCG.

> STOCK EXCHANGE.

> MANAGEMENT.

> ACCOUNTING.

> FINANCIAL SECTORS, etc.

Doing MBA via distance mode will only prove to be helpful if you are doing a job along with doing MBA and if not than I would suggest you to go for Regular MBA course as it has more relevance over distance MBA.
17th May 2015, 09:38 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,
It is Common that most of the students having the same confusion in selecting the right course after completing Graduation. Most of the students are only focusing on salary and job, and then their select the course which is not relevant to their studies, such student may face lots of problems at time of Searching job and at work place as well. It is mandatory that should take special care before selecting the course, which will decide your career. You can get some advice from your college professors and Elders as well. Here, I have listed some best course which you can do after completing B.Com,

- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Bank Management

You can also apply for Professional course, but it is not easy complete as a Master degree. You have to put a lot of efforts and skill to complete the below professional courses,

- Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI)
- Company Secretary of India (CS)
- Cost and Work Accountant of India (CWA)

There are differing values of doing MBA through Distance and Regular mode. If you're aspiring to get placement in a reputed company then I suggest you to apply for an MBA through Regular or If you are interested to apply for Job after completing B.Com then you can do MBA through Distance mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?