29th July 2015, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Bank Clerk in Government sector having secured 49.5% in Graduation?

I have 65% in Class 10th , 78% in Class 12th. and 49.5% in Graduation.
Can I eligible for IBPS or Other Bank exam? What is the minimum eligibility criteria they will look for? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same soon?

Thanks!

29th July 2015, 08:17 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for Bank Clerk in Government sector having secured 49.5% in Graduation?

Yes of course, you are absolutely eligible to apply for IBPS Clerical Examination. This year notification is not yet released, but you can expect the notification in the month of August or September in the official website of IBPS.

IBPS Clerks Eligibility Criteria:

You should have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar are required. Your age should be between 20 years and 28 years. Age relaxation are applicable for reserved categories. You must have completed Diploma in Computer Certification or you must have studied in your graduation. Without computer certification, you are not eligible to apply.

SBI Clerks Eligibility Criteria:

You should have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar are required. Your age should be between 20 years and 28 years. Age relaxation are applicable for reserved categories. Final year of degree course may also apply.
29th July 2015, 09:22 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Bank Clerk in Government sector having secured 49.5% in Graduation?

In India, there are Two ways to get a Government Sector Bank Exams and the options available here is through

<> IBPS

<> SBI

And in addition to all these you can also try for " Many Private sector Banks ".

Eligibility to apply for " Bank Clerk " in Government Sector :

>> You should complete graduation with minimum percentage of marks from the recognized university.

>> There is No specific percentage of marks for Clerk posts in government sector.

>> Age should be in between these limits. And there is Age relaxation for the reserved candidates.

-- Minimum Age : 20 years

-- Maximum Age : 28 years

>> Final year candidates can also eligible to apply for Bank Exams.
29th July 2015, 11:45 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in most of the government jobs entrance examination. Some of the best jobs on the graduation qualification are :-
* Civil Services Examination.
* Banking.
* SSC.
* Railway.

For all the above there is no certain aggregate required in the graduation or passed board examination.

Yes, you are eligible to appear in the bank Clerk examination. The eligibility for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation in any discipline.
* Candidates age must be between 19-28 years and relaxation for the reserved candidates on the upper age limit.

The examination is conducted in the Written as well as Interview and the candidates have to qualify in the both examination for the final selection.
29th July 2015, 01:24 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Government Bank clerical recruitment after completion of Graduation with 49.5% marks from a recognized university. Basically there is no certain minimum percentage is required in order to be eligible for appearing in Bank clerical recruitment. One thing you must notice is that "There is no Minimum Percentage is Required" so you are certainly eligible to apply for Bank Clerical Cadre recruitment with 49.5% marks in Graduation. The minimum Eligibility Criteria is given below in detail.

Educational Qualification:

>> A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a university recognized by the Government of India (Or) any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.

>> Candidates who are pursuing their Final year are also eligible to apply for this Government Bank Clerk Recruitment.

Age Criteria:

Minimum Age - 20 years

Maximum Age - 28 years
{Age relaxation is applicable as per government norms for reserved category candidates}
29th July 2015, 01:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to give the entrance examination for the selection in the banking jobs as a Clerk. The examination for the recruitment in the bank services is conducted by the IBPS and the SBI.

The eligibility to appear for the IBPS Clerk examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation in anu discipline from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between 19-28 years and three year and five year of relaxation for the OBC and the SC/ST candidates.

So you can apply for the examination as there is no limitation on the basis of the aggregate in the examination. Only passing percentage is required.

The examination paper the question of Quantitative Aptitude, Numerical Ability, Logical Reasoning, English and General knowledge. After qualifying in the written it is necessary to qualify in the Interview.

For more information visit at the www.ibps.in.
29th July 2015, 02:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 65% in Class 10th , 78% in Class 12th. and 49.5% in Graduation.
Can I eligible for IBPS or Other Bank exam? What is the minimum eligibility criteria they will look for? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same soon?

Thanks!
You have completed graduation degree so you are eligible for Bank clerk exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Bank clerk exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be 20 to 28 years.
29th July 2015, 02:42 PM
pjgp

The minimum eligibility for the bank clerks job is:
the age of the candidate should be between 18 to 28 years.
educational qualification:
10+2 with minimum of minimum of 60% and(55% for sc\st\pwd)
a degree from recognized with a minimum of 40%.

so,as you got 49% in graduation you are eligible for the bank clerk in government sector.
29th July 2015, 06:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for clerk job in Bank with your qualification .

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection .

The eligibility for the IBPS Clerk are as under:-

-The candidate should have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate should have a certificate/diploma/degree in Computer Operations/Languages from an institute/college/university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 28 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The IBPS exam questions are from English,General awareness, Marketing and Computers, Quantitative aptitude,Test of reasoning.

-The exam process is conducted in different stages;

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main Examination,

*Personal Interview.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for SBI clerk job are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with at least 60 % marks in aggregate for general category and 55 % marks for SC/ST/PWD .

-The candidate age limit should be from 20 years to 28 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection procedure involves of

* Written Test , and

* Interview .

The written Exam consist of the following subjects.

General Knowledge about Banking Sector

General English

Computer Knowledge

Reasoning

Aptitude .
29th July 2015, 06:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can apply for the IBPS examination or any other bank examinations held for the recruitment of bank clerks in the nationalized banks of India with your educational qualification.

The minimum qualification required for appearing in bank examination for the post of bank clerks are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must have be within 20 years to 28 years. Also there is the provision of age relaxation as per the government norms.

* You must have done your graduation with any discipline from a recognized university. Percentage in the degree does not matters for eligibility.

* Also you must have the additional knowledge of how to work on computer as the banking works are computer based.

The examinations are held in three stages which are generally called as Prelims, Mains and Personality assessment test ( Interview ) and are held in given order.

With all the above qualifications except age which must lie within 21 years to 30 years you can also apply for the post of probationary officer.

For more details regrading the IBPS examination or SBI bank examination you can log on to the official link of same which are as www.ibps.in and www.sbi.in respectively.
29th July 2015, 07:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For IBPS clerk and government bank clerk exam there is no percentage criteria. All you need is a graduation degree with pass marks according to the notification released by IBPS.

Just make sure that you fulfill the age criteria which is 18 to 27 years for clerk posts. There is relaxation in age available for reserved category candidates.
29th July 2015, 08:12 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IBPS and other bank exams.

The minimum eligibility criteria for applying IBPS clerk is that the candidate must have passed graduation in any of the discipline from a recognized university. The minimum age must be 20 years while that of maximum is 28 years of age.

But for IBPS PO/ MT the minimum eligibility criteria is that the candidate must have passed graduation with at least 55% marks in any discipline from a recognized university.
29th July 2015, 10:36 PM
pointer01

Eligibility Criteria for Bank Clerk are-

Age- Minimum age 20 years and maximum age 28 years.

Education- Graduation in any stream. Computer Literacy is necessary, either having studied at school level.

Proficiency of Read, write and speak in the official language of state.
You can apply for Clerk job as there is no any percentage criteria is defined.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?