22nd October 2016, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for private universities with negative marks in physics?

Sir, my overall score is 200, I got -10 in physics and the cutoff score is 118. Is there any rule that the students, who got negative marks cannot apply in private universities, even though their overall score is greater than the cutoff? Please kindly reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission in post graduation course in Music?
  2. List of universities or private institutions where I can do Ph.D with UGC marks?
  3. Which are the private or deemed universities in which I can apply in MCA after scoring 48% aggregate in BSc?
  4. Last 5 years MHT CET Engineering solved question papers
  5. Is it possible to get government quota after scoring 80% in 12th and 155 cutoff marks? Should I go for private colleges? Fee structure for various universities?
  6. In which universities of USA I can apply directly for PhD in Physics? What are their requirements?
  7. Fee structure for Masters in Germany for Mechanical engineering?
  8. Eligibility criteria for studying Under Graduate course in Physics?
  9. What is the qualifications required to do Masters of Science in Chemistry?
  10. How to get admission in BSc Agriculture? I have passed 12th and 1 year computer diploma
  11. Can I appear in AIIMS exam next year if last appeared 2 years ago?
  12. Can I apply for MCA through NIMCET after scoring 58.44% marks in 12th?
  13. Which course is best for me to enter into IT field after completing HSc with PCMB?
  14. After scoring 40% in graduation in which universities can I apply for B.Ed? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Eligibility to do French Language Diploma course for M.Com student?
  16. Practice papers for this years RPMT exam?
  17. Is it possible to do MSc in either Physics or Mathematics after B.E in India? Universities or Institutes which consider such students? Procedure to apply for these institutes?
  18. Can I get direct admission to study M.Phil after completing M.A. in Sociology?
23rd October 2016, 05:03 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for private universities with negative marks in physics?

These rules depend on exam to exam and from university to university.

There may be some sectional cutoff as well and if the overall cutoff is 118, I don't think, the sectional or the subject wise cut off would be this low. So, it is possible that your application may get rejected due to this.

I advice you to apply for the university with all the hopes but not to sit ideal as there is possibility of rejection. So, apply in some other universities as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?