24th September 2016, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my university from Madras University to SRM for bachelor of commerce degree?

I am doing bachelor of commerce (first year) in Madras university. Can I continue my studies in SRM in the second year? What is the procedure for it?

25th September 2016, 02:33 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I change my university from Madras University to SRM for bachelor of commerce degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing bachelor of commerce (first year) in Madras university. Can I continue my studies in SRM in the second year? What is the procedure for it?

It is not advisable to change the university during graduation studies. The aspirant should contact the SRM University first and enquire about the vacancy in the B.Com 2nd year. If they agree to admit you to the B.Com directly in the second year then you can contact Madras University. You have to write a letter for changing college from one university to another. It is not practical to bounce from one college to another college. Sometimes you have to repeat the first year again in the new college also. So think twice before taking any decision.
25th September 2016, 05:17 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I change my university from Madras University to SRM for bachelor of commerce degree?

Yes you can apply in second year for that you need to score good marks in first year as there will be cut off marks for taking final admission in SRM.
But also note that SRM will prefer those candidates first who have done first year from SRM.
25th September 2016, 10:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It will depend on the availability of seats before you get into other university. Also, permission from both the universities will be required for admission in second year.

Just write an application to your Principal for the change of university. They will tell you about the procedure, if it is possible. Normally, private colleges don't allow transfer because it can be a loss for college.
25th September 2016, 11:12 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change to another university after completion of your 1st year of B.Com provided you should have scored a minimum of 60% in aggregate and you should have a valid reason for it, otherwise your application might get rejected.

The procedure is simple, you just need to fill up the application form for it and provide the required details asked for and along with it you will have to provide a written application also.
7th January 2017, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

What is the Procedure to change college in 2nd year bsc.maths from madras university to coimbatore kongunad college
18th September 2020, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

After applying for a course at Madras University, can I change the course again?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?