12th February 2016, 06:44 AM
Unregistered

Which graduation course is best to study after 12th if i am aiming for IPS?

I am in 12th boards right now. I want to study IPS in future. I want a systematic line to study and get to go for IPS. So kindly suggest me which graduation course should i opt after passing 12th?

I will be grateful to know my answer soon..

12th February 2016, 01:05 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course is best to study after 12th if i am aiming for IPS?

You are free to choose stream and subject according to you. There is no any bondage of selection of subject. you can choose science stream but if you want to pursue in Arts then you can choose History, Geography, Economics, Political Science and many more.
According to me you should pursue with Arts as because you need to select 2 or 3 subjects for IPS examination and this will help you while preparation.
12th February 2016, 02:40 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course is best to study after 12th if i am aiming for IPS?

The minimum eligibility criteria requited to apply for IPS is that the candidate must have passed graduation in any of the stream from a recognized university.

Choose the stream and subject upon your expertise and interest. It is better to opt for arts stream because you will get more time to concentrate on IPS preparation right from the first year of graduation.

Apart from that read the newspaper regularly and have a good knowledge on current affairs.
12th February 2016, 05:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Choose according to your interest because it depends upon you whether you like a subject or not for studies. If you have interest in a subject then you won't have any problem in studying it for long hours.

Degree in any discipline is the required qualification for IPS exam. Therefore, you definitely can choose arts stream which is the most easy of all the subjects and most of the questions arises from this stream.
12th February 2016, 06:29 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to pursue any course in graduation to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university and age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

You have to appear and qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection for jobs. To qualify in examination you have to make a proper strategy and go through syllabus. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th February 2016, 07:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any stream in bachelor's degree as UPSC has clearly mentioned that candidates from all streams of bachelor's degree are eligible for Civil Services examination. However, stream selection in bachelor's degree should be totally done upon own interest rather than suggestion of others. You will excel in that stream in which you have interest.

One thing needs to be kept in mind that you must select that stream or subject which you would like to opt as an optional subject in Mains exam of Civil Services. This is the only thing which needs to taken care and it will help you in preparation for Mains optional in Civil Services.
12th February 2016, 07:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If your aim is to become an IPS then, you can opt for any course in which you are interested in Graduation after completion of your 12th standard. To become an IPS officer, you must have to Civil Services examination which requires the minimum educational qualification of Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university. Since, the UPSC has not mentioned that only the candidates who have completed the particular Graduation course are eligible to appear in IPS examination. So, I suggest you to pursue Graduation course in any stream in which you are interested and after completion of your Graduation course, you are eligible to appear in IPS examination.
12th February 2016, 07:38 PM
kantraman

According to me if you want to become IPS then you should opt Arts stream because arts student have great opportunities for becoming IAS
12th February 2016, 07:40 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts Civil Service examination every year for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc..

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recongised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to pursue any course in graduation to appear for examination as candidates are eligible to select the optional paper other than discipline in Main examination.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
12th February 2016, 09:32 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. The eligibility criteria for IPS states that you must have to qualify your graduation in any of your interested stream. So my suggestion to you is that you should go for the bachelor degree after completion of your 12th standard. While taking admission in any institute, ensure the registration of the institute and complete affiliations. After completion of your graduation you simply have to apply for the entrance exam for the IPS. Also you must have to keep your physical health good for being IPS. Your height must be minimum 165 centimeter being a male candidate and minimum 150 centimeter being a female candidate.
12th February 2016, 09:48 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Candidate must have passed any graduation in order to apply for IPS exams.
So, you can opt for any graduation degree course of your choice that you feel easy and interesting.
You should opt for any graduation course of 3 years not more than that.
So that there is enough time to prepare for IPS exams.
12th February 2016, 11:54 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 12th boards right now. I want to study IPS in future. I want a systematic line to study and get to go for IPS. So kindly suggest me which graduation course should i opt after passing 12th?

I will be grateful to know my answer soon..
The aspirant can choose any graduation to become an IPS officer. You can choose History or Geography or Public Administration or Sociology or Philosophy or Psychology or Political Science or Economics. These are some of the optional subjects are very popular. So you can choose any one of the above subject. First you have to appear for Preliminary Examination. After clearing the Preliminary Examination you have to appear for Mains Examination and Interview. The eligibility to become an IPS is a graduation in any stream from a recognised university. The IPS examinations are conducted by the UPSC, the exams will be held every year. The upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST
37 years. The UPSC website is http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?