1st March 2016, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I join B.Tech 2nd year through JEE Main being a Diploma holder?

Hello,
I have completed my Diploma. Can I join B.Tech 2nd year through JEE Main? Please let me know about this asap. Thank you!
Regards-

Related Questions:
  1. Does the diploma holders those who don't have XII qualification can appear in JEE for lateral entry in B.Tech?
  2. How to join B.Tech 2nd year in Kerala after passing diploma in Civil with 83%?
  3. Can a diploma holder from outside Karnataka is eligible to join B.Tech 2nd year through CET? When the application form of Karnataka-CET will be released?
  4. Whether a Diploma holder can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech correspondence?
  5. Can Polytechnic diploma holder give the entrance exam for IIT JEE?
  6. How to join B.Tech 2nd year in NIT after passing 3rd year diploma?
  7. Am I eligible to give JEE Main exam after completion of diploma?
  8. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  9. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  10. What is the qualification to do B.Tech course?
  11. How to join B.Tech 2nd year after completing diploma in ECE stream
  12. How can I join IIT JEE entrance exam if I am a IETE 3rd year diploma holder
  13. Can i write AIEEE after Diploma and that too after one year gap?
  14. Which study center should I join to prepare for JEE (Main + advanced)?
  15. What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main having secured 47% in 12th being a Diploma Electrical holder?
  17. Can I reappear in JEE Advanced next year if appearing for 2nd times in this year?
  18. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
3rd March 2016, 06:57 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I join B.Tech 2nd year through JEE Main being a Diploma holder?

No you cannot get admission on the basis of JEE Main.
Being a Diploma Holder you are not eligible for admission to IIT and NIT through the JEE Main as IIT and NIT do not have the Lateral Entry Program.
So you are not eligible for admission to neither IIT nor NIT.
You can take admission to colleges which has the Lateral Entry Program through the LEET Entrance Examination or Entrance Examinations for Lateral Entry of particular Universities.
3rd March 2016, 07:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year through JEE Main after completion of your three years Diploma course because, Diploma holders are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. But, you can get admission in B.Tech 2nd year in other colleges except NIT/IIT on the basis of Lateral entry examinations like JELET, ECET, LEET.
3rd March 2016, 08:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately, JEE Main doesn't have any lateral entry procedure and also IITs don't offer admission in second year of B.Tech course.

Therefore, you have to try other lateral entry exams which are mostly conducted on state level like JELET/LEET/UPSEE/DET.
3rd March 2016, 08:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately, JEE Main doesn't have any lateral entry procedure and also IITs don't offer admission in second year of B.Tech course.

Therefore, you have to try other lateral entry exams which are mostly conducted on state level like JELET/LEET/UPSEE/DET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?