3rd July 2015, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Can i make a career in Armed Forces with 59% marks in Mechanical Engineering?

I have done my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and got 59% marks. Is there any opportunity for me in armed forces either in navy, army or in air force?

Related Questions:
3rd July 2015, 10:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i make a career in Armed Forces with 59% marks in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, you can join in Armed Forces after completion of your B.Tech course in Mechanical Engineering with an aggregate of 59% marks from a recognised board. To join in Armed Forces, you need to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Indian Military Academy (IMA) :- You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
--> For Indian Naval Academy :- You must have completed Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.
--> Indian Air Force Academy :- You must have completed Graduation degree from a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

3. Age Limit :-
--> Indian Military Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Air Force Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Naval Academy :- 19-22 years
--> Officers’ Training Academy :- 19-25 years

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidates to be eligible to join in Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
3rd July 2015, 11:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i make a career in Armed Forces with 59% marks in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to join the armed force after the Mechanical Engineering with 59%. To get the job in the services you need to qualify in the CDS examination. CDS stands for the Combined Defence Services and the examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 19-22 years for the Air Force, 19-23 years for the Navy and 19-24 years for the Indian Army.

The examination is conducted in two stages and it is necessary to qualify in both the stages for the final selection.
* Written.
* SSB.

The written examination contains question of Mathematics, English, General knowledge etc...

And after qualifying the examination you are eligible for the SSB where you have to go through the various test and the Interview and the Medical.

You can also apply in the TGC, UES to get the job in the Army or the Navy and AFCAT for the Air Force.

For more information visit at the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
4th July 2015, 12:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and got 59% marks. Is there any opportunity for me in armed forces either in navy, army or in air force?
You have done B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering so you are eligible for Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Study Package for CDS 1st Edition
Author: Atul Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education

CDS Exam Guide 1st Edition
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
4th July 2015, 10:09 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can make career in Armed Forces after Mechanical Engineering through the following:

Combined Defense services

University Entry Scheme

Technical Entry Scheme

Combined Defense Service:

Graduation from recognized university

Age limit is 19-24 years.

Candidates must be citizen of India.

University Entry Scheme:

in this scheme final year candidates can apply and get a direct entry in the army.

Technical Entry Scheme:

Minimum qualification is graduation.

Age should be between 19-25 years.

You must be physically and mentally fit.
4th July 2015, 03:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yeah you can join in armed forces such as Indian Army, Navy and Air Force by applying for CDS exam after having completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. This is a defence service exam conducted by UPSC every year as CDS I and CDS II.

To apply for the exam, the candidate need to have a citizenship in India. The age limit needed is 19-24 years for joining in Indian army and in the case of joining in Indian navy it is 19-22 years, for Indian Air Force it is 19-23 years and for OTA it is 19-25 years. Regarding the educational qualification needed, candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university and even final year appearing candidate can apply. The most important of all, is candidate should be physically fit.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the CDS exam. To know more information regarding the exam check at the official site of UPSc at http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th July 2015, 11:05 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can make your career in Armed Forces with 59% marks in Mechanical Engineering. You can apply for CDS exams. CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. Through CDS you can apply for Indian Army, Indian Air Force as well as Indian Navy.

Age Limits :
19-24 Years for Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years for Naval Academy
19-23 Years for Air Force Academy
19-25 Years for Officers’ Training Academy

As you have completed Mechanical Engineering degree, so you are eligible for Indian Navy, Air Force and Army.

Selection Procedure :
Written Exam
SSB Interview
Medical

Please find the attachment for examination Pattern and Syllabus.

For more details please visit : UPSC CDS
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CDS EXAMINATION.pdf(34.8 KB, 13 views)
5th July 2015, 12:11 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can make your career in armed forces. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined Defence Service (CDS) exam to recruit the candidates for Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy, Officer Training Academy (OTA) and Air Force Academy.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidate can be subject of Nepal, Bhutan.

* Candidate should be below 25 years of age.

* Candidate who are in their final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.

* Candidate should be physically fit and healthy.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :

For IMA and OTA :

* Candidate should have Degree or equivalent from any recognized university or institution.

For Indian Naval Academy :

* Candidate should have passed bachelor's degree in Engineering from any recognized university or institution.

For Air Force Academy :

* Candidate should possess Degree or equivalent (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or bachelor of Engineering.
5th July 2015, 02:43 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Army after completion of your B.Tec(Mechanical ENgineering) course:

However, for joining Indian Army Academy, you will have to apply for examinations like NDA or CDS.

Details and eligibility of both the entrance examinations are mentioned below.

NDA(National Defence Academy):

> NDA examination is conducted by UPSC.

> It is conducted twice in a year.

> The admission process is through written and Interview round.

Eligibility for NDA examination:

> You should be a citizen of India

> You should be unmarried

> Only male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination

> You should have completed your +2 examination from any stream and from a recognised University

> Your age should be in between 16.5-19 years

> You should be physically fit

CDS(Combined Defence Service):

> CDS exam is also conducted by UPSC

> CDS examination is held twice a year

> Admission process is done through written, GDD(Group Discussion) and Interview round

Eligibility for CDS examination:

> You should be a citizen of India

. You should be unmarried

> Only male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination

> You should have completed your +2 examination from any stream and from a recognised University

> Your age should be in between 19-24 years

> You should be physically fit
6th July 2015, 12:21 AM
pointer01

Hello Dear,
Yes, you can join the Armed force without any issue if you got 59% aggregate in Mechanical Engineering.
Basically, For joining the Armed force you must qualify graduation or B.Tech.
For joining Armed Force you can apply for CDS exam.

All the best.
7th July 2015, 06:37 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to join in Armed forces after completing your graduation in Mechanical course.

The eligibility criteria for joining in Armed Forces are as follows.

.The age limit must is 25 years.
.Candidate must be the citizen of India or Nepal or Bhutan.
.Candidate must be physically al-right without any problems.

Check with the requirements with you met with all the requirements then you are eligible to join Armed Forces.

If you want to join the Navy then you should have the eyesight of 6/12 without spectacle.

So for this both positions there will be different test conducted by the central defence community you have to wait for their notification,once the notification is held you have to apply for it.
22nd July 2015, 09:11 PM
Mshanth

Quote:
Hi friend,
Yes, you have the opportunity to join in navy or army or in airforce. Actual to go armed force there is no need of graduation. The minimum qualification needed for armed force is 12th class passed. All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?