21st April 2016, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Sc(Computer Science) without having Computer Science in Intermediate?

Hi Sir,
Is it important to have Computer Science as a subject in Intermediate for doing B.Sc in Computer Science? I am not having CS as my subject in 12th. Can I do B.Sc in Computer Science in this case?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  2. Can I study Forensic Science being a Computer Science graduate?
  3. List of various diploma courses after BDS? Where are the courses offered? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is M.Sc(Tech) and M.Tech degree are same? How may I get details?
  5. How to join in Hindustan University in CSE group after scoring 93.5?
  6. Should I go for CA or CS? I am a B.E computer science student
  7. Is it beneficial to study Computer Science in 12th?
  8. MCA or M.Sc(Computer Science) which is better to study for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate?
  9. Which course should I join after completion of Intermediate in MPC having interest in Computer Science?
  10. Which course has the best scope in engineering? I am a student of Intermediate computer Science(ICS)
  11. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  12. Eligibility to study MS in Computer Science in Abroad for B.Tech(ECE) graduate? Specializations related to Computer Science?
  13. B.Sc in Computer science after discontinued diploma?
  14. Is it possible to study B.Ed in Computer Science after completing M.Sc in Computer Science?
  15. B.E., B.Sc, BCA or Diploma which is better to study Computer Science for 2nd PUC student?
  16. What are the courses I should choose except engineering if secured above 90% in 12th standard?
  17. Am I eligible to study Integrated M.Sc in Computer Science after completing 12th Mathematics? Is this course equivalent to B.E.(Computer Science Engineering)?
  18. Possibility to study M.Tech(Computer Science) after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
22nd April 2016, 05:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Sc(Computer Science) without having Computer Science in Intermediate?

Most of the universities ask for maths at class 12th level for Computer Science B.Sc or BCA courses. Hence, if you have studied maths then there is no problem in getting admission.

Admission is mostly based on the performance in entrance exam which will be conducted by the concerned university.
22nd April 2016, 06:53 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Sc(Computer Science) without having Computer Science in Intermediate?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.Sc (Computer science).

The minimum academic criteria to apply for B.Sc (Computer science) is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects from a recognized board of education.

It is not compulsory to have Computer science as one of the subject to pursue B.Sc (Computer science) course.
23rd April 2016, 12:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
Is it important to have Computer Science as a subject in Intermediate for doing B.Sc in Computer Science? I am not having CS as my subject in 12th. Can I do B.Sc in Computer Science in this case?
If you have completed 12th standard with Mathematics subject, then you are eligible to get admission in B.Sc in Computer Science.

It is not necessary to have Computer Science as a subject in 12th standard.
24th April 2016, 12:18 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
In order to Pursue B.sc with computer science. Yes, few college put a strict condition that student must have studied computer science at intermediate level.
while most of the other colleges prefer those students who have studied PCM or PCsM (Physics,Maths,chemistry or computer science) in 12th.
So, instead of computer science, chemistry will also work to get admission in B.sc with computer science.
>>Delhi university is best example in this regard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?