6th October 2015, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BCA being a 12th Arts PSEB candidate?

Hi Sir,
I have passed my 12th with PSEB Board in Arts stream. Can I do BCA? Please tell me about this. Thank you!

8th October 2015, 10:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA being a 12th Arts PSEB candidate?

No, you are not eligible to study BCA course after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream. To be eligible to pursue BCA course, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Most of the institutes offers direct admission to BCA course by considering candidate's 12th standard board examination marks whereas some institutes conducts their own entrance examinations for offering admission to BCA course. Since, you have completed 12th standard with Arts stream, you are not eligible to pursue BCA course.
8th October 2015, 11:37 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say you that you cannot do BCA after class 12th as you belong from Arts Department.

The eligibility criteria required to study BCA is mentioned below, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidates should complete their class 12th or equivalent from a recognized Board.
Candidates must secured at least 50% marks in class 12th or equivalent.
Candidates should have pursued the Science subjects i. e., Physics and Chemistry.
Most of the Institutes wants that the candidates should have pursued Mathematics in 12th class along with a knowledge of Computer subject.
9th October 2015, 11:39 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
I have passed my 12th with PSEB Board in Arts stream. Can I do BCA? Please tell me about this. Thank you!
No, you are not eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
13th October 2015, 05:13 PM
Sonu@786

Sorry to say friend but you cant do BCA as you belongs to Arts steam.
If any candidate wants to do BCA then he must have science sujbects in 12th standard and secured above 50% marks with recognised board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?