31st May 2015, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Which course should I take for graduation to become an IAS officer?

I am student of non- medical...please help me in choosing the best course for graduation to become an IAS...i can also ready to take arts courses... I want some guidance in choosing the best course in graduation which would help me to become an IAS. please help me out...

Related Questions:
31st May 2015, 11:09 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course should I take for graduation to become an IAS officer?

To become IAS, the candidate must have completed his/her graduation with minimum 50% of marks. There is no specific graduation course to apply for an IAS Examination. The Civil Examination is conducted by the UPSC. In order to the crack the Civil examination you need to prepare the following subjects like Sociology, History and English.
1st June 2015, 12:18 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and an IAS officer enjoys a supreme power in the administrative field .

Also to become as IAS officer you will have to clear Civil Services examination held by Union Public Service Commission once every year .

The basic eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination are as :-

* You must be an Indian citizen .

* Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years .Also there is the provision of age relaxation for other categories as per the government rules and regulations

* You must have a bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

It is necessary to qualify in each of the stages for the final selection of the candidates in the Civil services.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in
1st June 2015, 12:30 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear definitely you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination still you are a Non medical student. But you have completed graduation from the recognized university.

Coming to your query there are so many courses available after completion of 12th. And here we are providing you the list of courses available after 12th with Non medical.

<> B.E/B.Tech

<> B.Pharmacy

<> B.SC

<> B.COM

<> B.A

<> B.Arch etc.,

Whether it is any course in your graduation there is No problem at all. I mean to say you don't have any problem with your Core subjects.

Frankly speaking B.Tech is some what better among other courses. But I suggest you to take your decision on your own. Don't relay on any one.
1st June 2015, 12:56 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The selection of stream for graduation primarily depends upon your personal choice and your personal interest only and all the other factors are secondary things .

You do not have to be worried about the stream taking in the mind prepation of IAS .If you are going well with your current streams then there is need t change the stream for your further studies .Also the questions in civil services examinations are related to the stream of a particular student from early stages and you have the better knowledge of the stream from base by which you are studying till now .Also the change of stream can not work and it can destroy your whole career as you will be frustrated .

Now to become an IAS officer you are required to crack the civil services examination for which the necessary qualifications required are as :-

You must have the nationality of India .

You must have done your graduation with any stream of your choice from a recognized university .

Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years .There is the provision of age relaxation as per the government norms .

The physical and mental fitness are required too .

For more information visit the official link of commission i.e; responsible for the conduction of same examination .
1st June 2015, 01:38 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

The Best Course is History.The course of Hons in History has Political Science as a subject in the Pass Papers so you will have good knowledge about it.
These are the 2 subjects that you can give and they are very close to each other.
So the best course for you to become an IAS Officer will be the course of Hons in History.
1st June 2015, 01:31 PM
savneybillford

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Services) officer, you need to crack Civil services exam conducted by UPSC every year. There will be two parts. Civil services preliminary exam and civil services mains. If you clear preliminary then you will be admitted to write the mains.

The eligibility criteria for civil services exam is as follows:
1. You must be a citizen of India.
2. You must be within the age group of 21-32 years of age.
3. You must have completed graduation in any discipline.
4. Secured a minimum of 55% in your graduation.
5. Maximum number of attempts by a candidate is limited to six (6).

So the criteria states that you just need to be graduated. There is no specific field you need to be in. And if you are interested in taking up arts then do take up arts. It is a good field and will help you have the knowledge of politics,history,sociology,economics,language,etc. .. This will be beneficial for you when you write civil services.
5th June 2015, 04:24 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) one of the most valuable services in India.

-->To become an IAS Officer one must have completed his/her graduation in any field in his choice.

-->Candidate must have attained more than 50% marks in his/her graduation course.

Above two are the conditions about the qualification required for an person to become and IAS officer.

The course you choose in your graduation course will not at all effect the IAS exam.

So now it is up to you which ever course you like you can choose that is not required for you to choose ARTS for IAS.

If are really interested to become an IAS officer then i suggest you to choose the social groups like B.A, etc,.

So that you will gain some knowledge about the present and past of the Indian History,Economy etc,.. which will help you somewhat in giving IAS exam.

Hope this information is helpful to you................
21st January 2017, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

I am sweathaa Ii am studying in grade 9 and my aim is to become an I.A.S officer because i wants to serve for my country. I want some ideas to prepare for my aim!suggest me...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?