7th May 2018, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in CDS exam for BA(Political Science) student? Details of CDS exam?

I am studying in BA in Political Science. I want to make my career in Defence Services. I have heard about CDS exam. But I don’t know if I am eligible or not. So kindly tell me. And give me the complete details of CDS entrance exam.

13th June 2018, 07:04 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in CDS exam for BA(Political Science) student? Details of CDS exam?

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for CDS Examination:

Yes, you are eligible to join Combined Defence Services after successful completion of BA in Political Science course. Basically there are several wings in CDS and the qualification required varies from wing to wing. Here is the detailed information,

>> For IMA and Officer's Training Academy:
* You should have passed Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> For Air Force Academy:
* You should have done Graduation degree from recognized university (You must have done Physics, Mathematics at 12th level as compulsory subjects) Or Bachelor of Engineering

>> For Indian Naval Academy:
* You must have done degree in Engineering from a recognized university

You are eligible to join IMA/ Officer's Training Academy/ Air Force Academy wings with the mentioned educational qualification.
14th June 2018, 09:16 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in CDS exam for BA(Political Science) student? Details of CDS exam?

Combined Defence Service (CDS) exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year for recruitment of office cadre of Army, Navy and Air force.

As, you are a BA graduate, so you are eligible For Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy.
Applicants should be a graduate in any discipline from any recognised university or equivalent to be eligible for Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy.
In order to join CDS you can apply online through website www. upsconline.nic.in. You have to fill up the application form with required details.
18th March 2021, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Indira Gandhi open university BA certificate is value for army
7th June 2021, 07:40 AM
Unregistered

Is history necessary in CDS exam

And is B. A degree in political science, communicative English, and economics is good for CDS exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?