6th October 2015, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in UPSC exams for B.A.(Anthropology) graduate?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my B.A. in Anthropology. Can I apply for UPSC exams? Kindly let me know about my eligibility asap.

8th October 2015, 07:06 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC exams for B.A.(Anthropology) graduate?

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in UPSC Examination for B.A (Anthropology) Candidate:

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Examination. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in UPSC Examination is "Graduate Degree" or "Bachelor Degree" from a recognized university. Candidates who are appearing in the requisite Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination. However, candidates are supposed to submit the proof of passing the qualification along with requisite qualification with detailed application form.

List of Optional Subjects:

>> Botany
>> Anthropology
>> Agriculture
>> Chemistry and many more

Since Anthropology is one of the optional subjects, you do not need to worry about. You are certainly eligible to appear in UPSC Examination.
9th October 2015, 01:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I have completed my B.A. in Anthropology. Can I apply for UPSC exams? Kindly let me know about my eligibility asap.
After completion of B.A. in Anthropology, you are eligible for UPSC Civil Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
9th October 2015, 08:04 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I am happy to say you that you are definitely eligible to appear for UPSC examinations being a B.A (Anthropology) graduate.
Candidates who had completed their Graduation from a recognized University are eligible to appear in this examination.
Candidates in final year can also apply for the examination with valid proof.
Since Anthropology is one of the optional subject, you should not worry about the eligibility. You are definitely eligible to appear in UPSC examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?