30th March 2016, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get admission in BCA course for a candidate who has completed 12th about 15 years ago?

Respected Sir,
I am Dharamvir from Southern Delhi near IGNOU, Maidan Garhi. I had passed 12th from CBSE, Delhi Region about 15 years ago. I want admission in BCA course. Am I eligible or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to get admission in Graduation for a candidate who has completed 12th about 10 years ago?
  2. Can I get admission to study MBBS if completed BPT 4 years ago but secured 39% in 12th?
  3. Possibility to study B.Sc for a candidate who has completed 12th Commerce about 18 years ago?
  4. Is it possible to get admission in BCA with 52% marsk in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I get admission to study B.Tech if completed 12th with 59% around 10 years ago and working in Abroad?
  6. Eligibility to appear in JENPARH entrance exam for a candidate who has completed 12th WBCHSE around 3 years ago?
  7. Can I study Civil Engineering Diploma course if completed 12th about 12 years ago and working as an AutoCAD Designer being a 31 years old candidate?
  8. Eligibility to apply for 10th and 12th from NIOS for a candidate who has completed 9th WBBSE about 5 years ago? Eligibility to apply JEE Main and Advanced?
  9. Eligibility of doing BCA or B.Sc after completing secondary 10 years ago?
  10. Eligibility of doing BCA or B.Sc after completing secondary 10 years ago?
  11. Eligibility to apply in NIMCET for a candidate with 70% in BCA and 55% in 12th?
  12. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 10th around 6 years ago?
  13. Eligibility to study PhD in Urdu for a candidate who has completed M.A. about 7 years ago?
  14. Eligibility to appear in JELET for a candidate who has completed Engineering Diploma course around 5 years ago?
  15. Admission procedure to study PhD in Physics for a candidate who has completed M.Phil around 17 years ago?
  16. Can I get admission to study BBA in India without any entrance exam if completed 12th about 5 years ago and belongs to Bangladesh?
  17. Procedure and eligibility to study PhD for a candidate who has completed M.Sc around 15 years ago?
  18. Eligibility to apply in IBPS Clerk exam for a candidate who has completed 12th around 10 years ago?
3rd April 2016, 06:54 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in BCA course for a candidate who has completed 12th about 15 years ago?

There is no age limit to apply for BCA course, so, you can get admission for the course.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

It is a professional course of three year duration in Computer Application. Admission to the BCA course in most universities are made through an entrance exam .

The academic qualification required for the BCA course is 10+2 or equivalent qualification with minimum 50% marks.

The candidate must have pursued HSC degree in Science stream with Physics and Chemistry.

Most of the institutes insists that the candidate must have studied Mathematics as a subject at 12th level.
3rd April 2016, 11:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in BCA course for a candidate who has completed 12th about 15 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am Dharamvir from Southern Delhi near IGNOU, Maidan Garhi. I had passed 12th from CBSE, Delhi Region about 15 years ago. I want admission in BCA course. Am I eligible or not?
Yes, you can do BCA course, but you can apply through distance mode education. List of the universities for BCA course in distance mode.

1.Alagappa University

2.Andhra University

3.Birla Institute Of Techology & Science

4.Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University

5.H.P. University

6.Kakatiya University

7.Karnataka State Open University

8.Kurukshetra University

9.Manonmaniam Sundaranar University

10.Netaji Subhas Open University (NSOU)

11.The English And Foreign Languages University

12.Tamil Nadu Open University

13.University of Madras

14.Yashawantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
4th April 2016, 02:59 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue the above mentioned mentioned course but not in regular mode, you can however pursue the course via distance education mode.
4th April 2016, 12:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for BCA course:-

Candidates must have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognized Board.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% of marks in class 12th.
Candidates must have studied science subjects in class 12th such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
So, there is age criteria mentioned for BCA. So, you are definitely eligible to pursue BCA at present.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?