6th December 2017, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to pursue B.Sc in Enviromental Science

Respected Sir, I will be appearing for my ISC in 2018. I am from humanities background with English, Bengali, maths, geography, EVS and psychology as my subjects. I would like to pursue B.Sc in geography. Can I pursue for B.Sc in EVS. If yes, can you name me some colleges where I can apply for B.Sc in EVS with humanities background?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for M.Sc Environmental course in various institutes?
  2. M.Sc enviromental science holder can apply for UGC NET in enviromental science? -- [New]
  3. Can I apply for IFS after completion of B.Sc in Environmental Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the eligibility to get admission for Under Graduate Environmental Science Course in Fergusson College, Pune?
  5. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  6. Can I pursue MS after BSc? If yes then which discipline can I choose?
  7. Which courses can I pursue after BSc Biotechnology? I am a student pursuing BSc in Biotechnology
  8. What are the career options after BSc computer science honors?
  9. Which subjects should I choose for UPSC Exam being a candidate pursuing Environmental Engineering?
  10. Eligibility to pursue masters in Computer Science from USA after B.Com Honours?
  11. Criteria to pursue Diploma in Nautical Science? Do i need to pursue B.Sc. after Diploma completion?
  12. Is it possible to take home science with commerce in 12th?
  13. Which course should i choose after B.Sc. in Computers - B.Ed. or M.Phil?
  14. M.Sc in Forensic Science is possible after B.Sc in Plant Biology?
  15. Is it necessary to have 60% aggregate throughout all semesters in B.Tech to apply for M.Tech?
  16. Can I study B.Sc courses without computers? B.Sc courses free from computer science?
  17. Difference Between Computer Science B.Sc and Computer Science B.Ed
  18. Which branch is the best for MPC students in degree college?
6th December 2017, 10:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue B.Sc in Enviromental Science

Eligibility criteria to get admission in BSc Environmental Science:

The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing a BSc Environmental Science degree is qualifying 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and Biology. Some reputed colleges and institutes demand a minimum of 50% marks in 10 + 2.

Some of the reputed colleges and institutes also conduct entrance examination to get admission to the BSc degree course.
6th December 2017, 10:50 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to pursue BSc in Environmental Science:

Aspirants should have past 10 + 2 with PCB from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks.

Minimum age required to apply for this course is 17 years.

Some institutes conduct entrance examination to give admission to the aspirants.

Duration of this course is 3 years.
6th December 2017, 10:53 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to pursue B.Sc. Environmental Science course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board. Admissions in B.Sc. Environmental Science course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university. So, being a Humanities background candidate, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Sc. Environmental Science course.
7th December 2017, 03:28 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Eligibility Conditions to apply for B.SC Environmental Science:-

- To apply for bachelors of Science degree in environmental science minimum qualification required is 10+2 in science stream in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects from government recognized board.

- Applicant going to apply for B.SC environmental science course must have scored at least 55% marks in 10+2.

- Some of reputed institutes also conduct entrance exam for admission of eligible candidates for B.SC environmental science course.

- Duration of B.SC environmental science course is 3 years.
7th December 2017, 11:23 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue B.Sc in Environmental Science:

There is a certain educational qualification required to pursue B.Sc in Environmental Science.

>> As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you must have pursued 12th Class with Chemistry and Biology subjects compulsorily.

>> The basic education qualification required is 12th Class in 10+2 pattern with Physics, Biology and Chemistry subjects with minimum 50% marks.

>> As you have not pursued Biology as one of the subjects, you are not eligible to pursue this B.Sc in Environmental Science course as per my knowledge.

>> You may not pursue B.Sc in Environmental Science course with Humanities background.
7th December 2017, 01:11 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I will be appearing for my ISC in 2018. I am from humanities background with English, Bengali, maths, geography, EVS and psychology as my subjects. I would like to pursue B.Sc in geography. Can I pursue for B.Sc in EVS. If yes, can you name me some colleges where I can apply for B.Sc in EVS with humanities background?

Eligibility to pursue BSc Environmental Science is a pass in Higher Secondary (10+2) examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as one of the subjects with at least 50% marks. Some colleges conduct an entrance test for the admission to the BSc Environmental Science course. Duration of the course is three years. BSc Environmental Science is available in the following colleges in India:

Fergusson College, Pune - Official Website

Govt Degree College Doda, Jammu and Kashmir - Official Website

Government Science College, Ahmedabad - Official Website

Mount Carmel College, Bangalore - Official Website
7th December 2017, 02:01 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc. Environmental Science stands for Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science. It is a three years Bachelor's degree course in the field of Environmental Science. For getting admission in B.Sc. Environmental Science course, you should have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a Government recognised board. Since, you have not pursued your 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a Government recognised board, you are not eligible to pursue B.Sc. Environmental Science course.
7th December 2017, 04:04 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to do B.Sc in Environmental Science as you haven't completed 12th standard or its equivalent examination with Science discipline. Candidates those who have completed 12th standard or its equivalent examination in Science discipline with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognized board are eligible to do B.Sc in Environmental Science.
7th December 2017, 10:09 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to pursue BSc in Environmental Science:-

The candidate should have passed 12th with science stream from a recognised universities with a minimum aggregate score of 50% at both levels.

Admission process:-

Admission to the course is based on the candidates performance in a relevant entrance examination conducted by some universities in the country for admission to the course.

Candidates are selected based on the aggregate score at the 10+2 level, and in the entrance exam.

Top colleges for BSC in Environmental Science:-

Bachelor of Science in Uttar Pradesh

Bachelor of Science in Maharashtra

Bachelor of Science in Delhi - NCR

Bachelor of Science in Chennai.
7th December 2017, 10:36 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to study B.Sc Environmental Science:-
Student must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 qualifying examination.
Student may under go through an entrance test to get admission in their desired colleges.

Best colleges for B.Sc Environmental Science are:-
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi
Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune
Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Agricultural Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur
7th December 2017, 10:39 PM
rachamallamanoj

The eligibility for B.Sc environmental science is
1. All the candidates must pass 12th with biology, physics, chemistry course.
2. There is no upper age limit for applying this course.
3. The minimum marks percentage required in 12th is 50%.
4. The duration of this course is 3 years.

As you are from humanities background, you are not eligible for this course. Other than this you can other courses.
7th December 2017, 11:46 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very much sorry to say that you cannot opt for B.Sc course at this instant as you have studied Arts stream in class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination in Science stream from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the B.Sc course in the above mentioned stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?