22nd July 2015, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study B.Tech for Diploma holder in Computer Technology?

Hello,
I have completed Diploma in Computer Technology. So, can I study B.Tech or not? I want to study B.Tech. I am getting admission in BCA. But I have an interest in B.Tech. Please tell me I am eligible or not.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study B.Tech for Diploma holder in Computer Technology? -- [New]
  2. Entrance exams to study B.Tech for Computer Engineering Diploma holder?
  3. Which exam to attend to study abroad after completing Diploma in Computer Science?
  4. What can I do next after completion of diploma in computer science and engineering?
  5. Eligibility to study B.Tech in NIT/IIT if completed Diploma in Ceramic Technology on 10th basis?
  6. How to study in B.Tech in Civil or Chemical Engineering after completing diploma in Ceremic Technology
  7. Is a diploma+B.Tech degree holder a graduate?
  8. How to join the government job for computer technology diploma holder?
  9. Possibility to study correspondence B.Tech along with job for CSE Diploma holder?
  10. Diploma in IT holder can take admission in B.Tech Computer or Electronics and Communication?
  11. Can I apply for the job of Assistant Loco Pilot after completing diploma in Computer Technology?
  12. How to apply in IITs after completing diploma in Computer Technology? Can I get a scholarship to study in Abroad?
  13. Can I do B.Tech part time after completing Diploma course?
  14. How should I study law? I am a B.E holder and have studied computer science and engineering
  15. What is the age limit for Air Force job? At an age of 23 years can I join it? I am a diploma holder of computer science and technology -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Which course is good in polytechnic after 10th?
  17. Procedure to become Custom Officer for Diploma holder in Computer Science & Technology? Job opportunities in Government sector?
  18. Can I apply in Government recruitment whose minimum eligibility is 12th passed being a Computer Science Diploma holder?
23rd July 2015, 05:21 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Tech for Diploma holder in Computer Technology?

Yes, you can study B.Tech in computer Technology after completing Diploma in the same branch. For getting admission in B.Tech you need to write the entrance exam conducted by the state government. The minimum eligibility to write the entrance exam is, you need to complete your diploma with minimum of 50% of marks with mathematics, physics and chemistry. You need to qualify in the examination. Based on the rank you will get the allotment of seat in the colleges. So you are eligible to study the B.Tech in Computer Technology.
23rd July 2015, 07:01 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Tech for Diploma holder in Computer Technology?

You can get admission in B.Tech course after completing Diploma course. The eligibility to study B.Tech for a diploma holder is given below :

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidates age should be between 18-25 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should have passed Diploma in any engineering stream from any recognized state board of institution.

If the candidate fulfils the above requirements, then the candidate should take the entrance exam which is different for various states.

The admissions into the B.Tech course are based on the rank in the entrance exam. The candidates are directly continuing their engineering from 3rd semester i.e., 2nd year.

Some of the entrance exams are given below :

* ECET FD - Andhra pradesh.

* KDCET - Karnataka.

* DET - Orissa.
23rd July 2015, 10:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed Diploma in Computer Technology. So, can I study B.Tech or not? I want to study B.Tech. I am getting admission in BCA. But I have an interest in B.Tech. Please tell me I am eligible or not.
If you have completed 3 years diploma course in Computer Technology then you are eligible for B.Tech course in Computer science but you should qualify in Lateral Entry exam.

The eligibility criteria for the Lateral Entry exam exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should be above 17 years.
23rd July 2015, 10:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Computer Technology. To get admission in B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you must have to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET examinations. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
25th July 2015, 03:58 PM
bambam04
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Eligibility for diploma in computer science to take admission in B.Tech.
some of the general requirement for take admission in B.tech for diploma are given below:-
1)student must have diploma certificate.
2)he must have clear the entrance exam conducted by the committee for some collages.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?