26th November 2016, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Which is a good option between BA program and BA honours for IAS preparation?

I am in 12th and I took arts with economics, now I am very confused that after 12th what should I take BA program or BA honours for becoming an IAS officer. I am very interested in my study. So, can anybody tell me what should I choose after 12th?

26th November 2016, 07:14 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is a good option between BA program and BA honours for IAS preparation?

B.A stands for Bachelor of Arts. It is a three-year undergraduate degree program in the field of Arts. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue B.A course.

You can opt any course of your interest whether it is B.A Major or B.A Honours even if your aim is to become an IAS officer. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to get admission for pursuing B.A. course.
26th November 2016, 07:16 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is a good option between BA program and BA honours for IAS preparation?

To become IAS, a candidate has to simply complete graduation in any stream from a recognised University and as you are asking which one to opt after 12th standard hence personally I would like to suggest you to opt BA program in comparison to BA honors as in simple BA you will have more time to study for your civil services. You have to complete your graduation with at least minimum 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to SC and ST students.
26th November 2016, 09:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Your graduation is just a qualification to fulfill the IAS eligibility criteria. It has nothing to do with the IAS exam preparation. You have to prepare according to the syllabus given by UPSC. You can study any degree course which you can complete easily and prepare for civil services along with it.

There are many successful candidates who have chosen a subjects in civil services which is not familiar to their degree subject. It all depends on your strategy, you need to prepare according to the pattern and syllabus.
26th November 2016, 09:40 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me both stream are good. You can pursue any one of them.
You need to fulfill all the possibilities to become an IAS.

Eligibility criteria are as under:

Candidate must be a holder of graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university.
Candidate must have attained at least 50 percent aggregate in graduation.
Candidate which are under reservation category get 5 percent relaxation in graduation.
Candidate age should be less than 21 Years and should not exceed 42 years.
For OBC it is 45 years.
For sc/st it is 47 years.
Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Candidate must be physically fit.

Procedures of examination:-

Preliminary
Mains
Interview
5th December 2018, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I attempt UPSC examination after non collegiate degree in b.a
programme
4th May 2019, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Should I do ba or ba honors political science for ias.i like political science
15th January 2020, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I get into IAS after completing my graduation in B.A(general) from ignou??
28th July 2020, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I clear upsc without going to du?
1st September 2020, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Important subject in ba(hon) for civil service exam
4th April 2021, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

what can i do ba hons or ba programme to being an ias
21st September 2021, 08:04 PM
Minal F

Candidates who have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university can start preparation for IAS.

AGE LIMIT -21 TO 32 years.
13th April 2022, 07:36 AM
Unregistered

If you can choose any one in f ba or ba hons you n my suggestion then you should definitely choose ba hons because all subjects can be read by their own because they are asked as general subject. In the optional a candidate must have depth of knowledge in any subject and bachelor generally fulfill this need to provide in depth knowledge in oone subject. You are your own master. May your dream come true!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?