7th February 2015, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Which Graduation course to do after 12th to become income tax officer?

Which graduation is beneficial after 12th for becoming a income tax officer..?

Plz tell me.

Related Questions:
7th February 2015, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which Graduation course to do after 12th to become income tax officer?

PLEASE INTIMATE QUALIFICATION & OTHER CONDITIONS REQUIRED TO BECOME AN INCOME TAX OFFICER AFTER 12TH
7th February 2015, 11:56 AM
bablurocks

Default Re: Which Graduation course to do after 12th to become income tax officer?

As you are in now 12th class , you have to be passed Graduation in any stream which ever you like and apply for Income tax officer posts.

After graduation you have to apply SSC Combined graduate level examination.

Age limits: Minimum 18 years and maximum 27 years.

There will be two exams:

1. Tier-I 200 marks.

2. Tier-I 400 marks.

3. Interview 100 marks.

4. Descriptive/Online exam: qualifying nature.
7th February 2015, 03:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

To become Income tax officer, the basic educational qualification required is "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" in any stream from a recognized university. You are required to choose the best stream among several Bachelor degree courses you have based on your interest, previous achievements and goals. Various Bachelor programs are, B.E/ B.Tech/ BCA/ BBA/ BBM/ B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ B.Com (Hons)/ BHM. If you do not have any particular interest, then go with the following suggestions. As far as the future requirements are concerned, I suggest you to opt B.E/ B.Tech. Because there may not be any good value to other Bachelor courses alone and they get valued only when you pursue advanced (Master's course of same, for instance B.A and M.A; B.Com and M.Com) courses. Whereas you may find good job opportunities with B.E/ B.Tech itself since many organization or companies Bachelor of Technology or Engineering graduates huge in number. Apart from this, there is complexity included in pursuing B.E/ B.Tech compared to other course, so this would help you to solve tough questions even in Income Tax Officer Examination. After completion of B.E/ B.Tech, you can apply for Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission to become Income Tax Officer.
7th February 2015, 06:10 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Plz tell me.
You can operate any Graduation course after completing 12th standard. Any stream graduate students are eligible to apply for an Income Tax Officer exam.

The Income Tax Officer exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

Educational:

Applicant should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent from a recognized university and Final year candidates also eligible to apply for this course.

Age Limit:

Applicant age should not be less than 18 years and not more than 27 years. Applicants belonging to SC/ST category have upper age limit maximum of 5 years. OBC candidates have a maximum of three years as upper age limit.

Physical Standards:

-Height: 157.5cm
-Chest: 81cm, fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
-Physical Test:
-Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes-
-Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

Official Website - http://www.ssconline.nic.in./
8th February 2015, 08:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Plz tell me.
You can do any graduation course to become an income tax officer exam but you should qualify in SSC CGL exam.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST, it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.

Physical criteria:-

1. Inspector of Central Excise/Preventive Officer (Male candidates)
Height - 157.5 cms
Chest - 81 cms
Physical Test - Walking - 1600 meters in 15 minutes
Cycling - 8 Km in 30 minutes

2. Inspector of Central Excise/Preventive Officer (Lady Candidates)
Height - 152 cms
Weight - 48 Kg
Physical Test -Walking - 1 km in 20 minutes
Cycling - 3 km in 20 minutes

ssconline.nic.in/
14th February 2018, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

I am from commerce stream and I don't have mathematics. I want to become a income tax officer which course will I choose after 12th ?
1st July 2020, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

i want to become an income tax officer,i just passed 12th, I'm from commerce without maths. I'm confused in which should i be graduated ba or bba,i don't want to do bcom because I don't like account that much.please help me to choose ba or bba which is effective,helpful,and better in future
3rd July 2022, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

I'm in class 11 with arts stream and I want to become an income tax officer in future so, after completing my 12 with same stream then in which I should be graduated to clear the income tax officer examination easily . Is arts stream is really good for this exam ??????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?