16th February 2017, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

How to become a general physician, being a person running my own pharmacy?

Hello, I completed my pharmacy and am running my own pharmacy. The business is quite good. It has been almost two years, but now I am strongly willing to be a general physician Kindly give me valuable advice.

16th February 2017, 06:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a general physician, being a person running my own pharmacy?

For becoming a general physician you need to have MBBS qualification first, which is the minimum qualification to get MCI registration to practice as a general physician in India. You can't become a doctor just on the basis of your pharmacy shop.

There are many people in India who are not qualified but still practicing such profession and it is illegal to practice as a doctor, if you don't have the required qualification and registration.
16th February 2017, 11:41 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a general physician, being a person running my own pharmacy?

In order to be a General Physician, you must have to complete MBBS course from a recognised University.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board studying PCB as a subject with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the MBBS course.
So, if you satisfy the required eligibility criteria, then you can apply for MBBS course.
17th February 2017, 11:15 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I completed my pharmacy and am running my own pharmacy. The business is quite good. It has been almost two years, but now I am strongly willing to be a general physician Kindly give me valuable advice.

To become a general physician, you have to study the MBBS course. It is not possible to become a Doctor without proper qualifications. As you have completed pharmacy course, you can become a pharmacist. A pharmacist cannot become a general physician. You have to study MBBS to become a Doctor or you can study BHMS or BAMS or BUMS. So without proper qualifications it is not possible to become a Doctor in India. For studying MBBS in India, you have to appear for the NEET examination. Based on the marks scored in the NEET the seats will be allocated in various medical colleges in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?