9th April 2014, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

How can I do my LLB degree as a student now reaching the age of 42 years?

how can I do my LLB degree as a student now reaching the age of 42 years . I am from Assam wanted to complete the said degree.As the BCI has imposed the age bar in this regard I have been facing a serious problem .As I am an Asstt. Professor in a regular job in a college of Assam getting it difficult to attend regular classes. So wanted to know any right way to fulfill this interest of learning Law and achieving the LLB degree from an institute hahing recognized by Bar council of India.Please inform the right way.

11th April 2014, 06:11 AM
naveen1221

Default Re: How can I do my LLB degree as a student now reaching the age of 42 years?

Hello friend !!

LLB -- Bachelor of Laws.

This is an undergraduate course offered by many law collages and universities across the nation for the graduate in any discipline.

Duration :- It is a 3 year course deals with the various aspects of Law and the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

Eligibility for the same is :-

You must be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized college.

Your percentage must be min of 40% in your Graduation.

For SC/ST the percentage relaxation is 35%.

Age Limitations :

Previously, there was no Upper Age Limit for LLB course.

But, Recently Bar Council Of India i.e BCI has announced a Statement regarding the Age Limitations for LLB Course.

BCI released a Statement that, the Upcoming Applications for LLB course must follow Age Limits.

The Age Limits are, the Applicant must be below 20 years Age Limit for the five-year LLB course and a 30 years Age Limit for the three-year LLB course.

This System has started its implementation from this year(2012).

So as per this, you are positively eligible for getting into LLB course with 45% as your Graduation degree.

There is no Entrance Examination for getting into this course.
But some colleges like National Law Schools will conduct the Entrance Examinations for admission into the colleges.

So as per these new regulations of BCI, you can pursue LLB at the age of 42.

Good Luck !!
15th May 2015, 10:33 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: How can I do my LLB degree as a student now reaching the age of 42 years?

LLB can be done through 2 modes :

1. By fighting the CLAT examination.

2. Through simple LLB.

If you appear in CLAT and secure a good rank in that then you will be given admission in any of the National Law Universities across the country for a 5 years BA-LLB degree.

But if you have completed graduation then you are not eligible for CLAT.
A simple LLB, you are eligible.

Many university acoross the country are there which offer a LLB degree through regular as well as the private mode.

There is no such hard and fast eligibility criteria for that.

The candidate just have to pass the graduation and all the subject in that successfully as per the guidelines of UGC.
12th March 2016, 06:37 AM
Unregistered

I am 47 year old and I want to know if I am eligible for a bll entrance?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?