23rd November 2012, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BL if I am interested in taking up a Law as career

Hi,
I have finished my engineering. Can i do now BL, as i am interested in taking up law as career? Can you help me with college information and other necessary details.
Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Career opportunities available for 12th commerce(without maths) students? I'm interested to become CA or join law
  2. Should I take medical or arts to do LLB? Which branch should I opt for?
  3. How is Law course as a career? What is its scope?
  4. Is it a good choice to take medical and go for Law later? What are the job opportunities in India? Is this job secure?
  5. Which are the colleges offering 3 years Law course? Is the 3 years law course equivalent to normal law course? What are the career opportunities after completing LLB? From which month does the admission commence?
  6. Should I go for Law or Engineering? Is the career in Law and Journalism unstable?
  7. How promising is the career in Hotel Management and Catering? What should I qualify to make a career in this?
  8. Scope of law in civil service? Which books should I refer?
  9. How can I resume my studies in Law and be a lawyer? I'm left My B.Com in final sem and wish to continue it now
  10. Previous years question papers for mechanical engineering exam? -- [New]
  11. What to do after 12th commerce? Information about career in Law?
  12. How much minimum percentage of marks is required in 12th for taking admission in law schools?
  13. Can I pursue a career in law(Corporate) without taking maths in class 11th?
  14. What should be the right choice after completion of B.Sc in Mathematics?
  15. Best college for 3 years LLB course among faculty of law(DU), Government Law College(Mumbai) and ILS(Pune)?
  16. Is it a wise thing to do Law after taking up science? which course should I take up?
  17. Is the combination of ICWA and CS a good choice?
  18. What should I do after passing 12th class in Arts? -- [Most Discussed]
24th November 2012, 10:08 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BL if I am interested in taking up a Law as career

If you are interested in law as the career then the course you should apply for is LLB. Please remember that Bar Council of India only recognize LLB and BA LLB course. The Bachelor of Law degree which is offered by some distance education colleges is not recognized by the Bar Council of India.

Therefore you must ensure to apply for LLB course that too through regular mode. Bar Coucil of India will not allow you registration with any distance education degree. Which means that although you may have a Law degree, but you won't be able to practice in the court as lawyer. You may work as legal expert for some firm or company but since you can't represent anyone in the court as lawyer, the chances of good job would be very minimum.

LLB is a 3 years long course which is recognized by the Bar Council of India. Although colleges are slowly moving towards the BA LLB course which integrates bachelor course as well LLB, there are still several colleges that offer LLB course. Please remember that you are not eligible for BA LLB since it is pursued after completing 12h.

The admission is given on the basis of merit and entrance exam. Some colleges offer admission on merit while remaining conducts a entrance exam for admission. Below is the minimum requirement which you must meet to get admission.

Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream.

2. Minimum of 45 percent marks in graduation.

3. The requirement for SC/ST is 40 percent.

4. The age limit to apply for LLB is 30 years.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
24th February 2013, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do BL if I am interested in taking up a Law as career

is it good to do B.L after B.E ??
and what are the benefits ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?