5th June 2015, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

How to make career in NDA when having no maths in 12th?

sir i am a commece student i want to make carrier in nda i had no maths in 12th so i want to know about this

5th June 2015, 06:14 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to make career in NDA when having no maths in 12th?

You can make carrier in NDA by joining Indian Military Academy after passing 12th with commerce .

NDA exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year with tne name, NDA I and NDA II .

The full form for NDA is National Defense Academy .NDA makes selection of candidates for recruitment in different wings of India Army .NDA makes recruitment in three wings of the Indian Army;namely,

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

The eligibility criteria required for NDA exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate must have passed 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

-The minimum height for a NDA candidate to join Indian Army should not be less than 157 cm.

-The selection process involves

*Written Examination

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board.

-The Written exam constitutes of 2 subjects,

* Maths -300 marks

* General Ability Test-600 marks

The time duration for the written exam is 2 1/2 hours.
5th June 2015, 06:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am a commece student i want to make carrier in nda i had no maths in 12th so i want to know about this
You have not mathematics in 12th standard subject so you are eligible for NDA exam in Indian Army post.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
5th June 2015, 06:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you don't have maths in 10+2 then also you can apply for NDA exam but you will be only eligible for Indian Army. You should have age between 16.5 to 19 years unmarried male if you want to apply for this exam. Just be prepared for the exam because selection is on merit and you have to perform excellently in these stages.

There will be written exam and SSB interview. Also, you should be medically fit to become eligible for joining the NDA course. So don't worry about anything and be prepared for the exam because you are eligible for it.
5th June 2015, 06:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can make career in NDA having completed your senior secondary education without Mathematics but for the same you will have to crack the NDA examination whose basic details are given below :-

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it has three wings which are Indian Navy, Indian Air force and Indian Army.

The NDA examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission and are commonly known as NDA I & NDA II and are generally held in the months of April and September respectively.

The necessary qualifications required for appearing in this examination are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian unmarried male candidate..

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must have done your 12th with Science stream with Physics and Mathematics as your main subjects to be eligible for all the three wings otherwise you will be eligible for only Indian Army.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the requirement of service.

Also the examination is held in two stages which are as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview held in given order.

Hence you are eligible for only the Indian army if you satisfy the other qualifications too.

For more detailed information and notifications regarding the upcoming examination log on the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
5th June 2015, 07:02 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for the National Derence Academy and the entrance test is conducted by the UPSC twice every year. The examination are important for the candidate who want to join the Army, Air Force or Navy after the 10+2 to serve their nation.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the NDA examination but only eligible for the Army not applicable for the Air Force and Navy. The eligibility to apply for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed or pursuing the 10+2 from a recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 16.5-19 years.
* Only male Indian citizen are eligible.

But for the final selection in any of the three you have to qualify in the two stages in which the examination are conducted. There are Written and SSB. Candidate who qualifies in the written are only eligible for the SSB and same who qualifies in it is eligible for the final recruitment.

The application for the same are available in the month of January and July and examination are conducted in the April and September. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th June 2015, 07:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for the National Derence Academy and the entrance test is conducted by the UPSC twice every year. The examination are important for the candidate who want to join the Army, Air Force or Navy after the 10+2 to serve their nation.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the NDA examination but only eligible for the Army not applicable for the Air Force and Navy. The eligibility to apply for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed or pursuing the 10+2 from a recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 16.5-19 years.
* Only male Indian citizen are eligible.

But for the final selection in any of the three you have to qualify in the two stages in which the examination are conducted. There are Written and SSB. Candidate who qualifies in the written are only eligible for the SSB and same who qualifies in it is eligible for the final recruitment.

The application for the same are available in the month of January and July and examination are conducted in the April and September. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th June 2015, 09:56 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course, you are absolutely eligible to apply for NDA course. You are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy and Indian Air Force course. But, you are eligible to apply for Indian Army course. NDA i.e National Defence Academy Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for admission to Army wings, Navy wings and Air Force wings.

Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army: You should have completed Intermediate in any discipline from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar is there to apply for NDA examination. Your age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. Final year of 12th board examination may also apply.

NDA Exam notification will be published in the month of June or July in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment newspaper. More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
5th June 2015, 11:26 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Don't worry, you can apply for NDA exam for Army Wing. Without math you are not eligible for Indian navy and Air Force.

Age Limit : 16-1/2 - 19 Years

You can apply for NDA exam online on http://www.upsc.gov.in

First of all you have to appear for Written Exams. Written exam consists of Mathematics of 300 marks and General Ability Test of 600 marks.

After passing written exam candidate have to appear for SSB Interview. SSB Interview consists of 900 Marks.

Candidates who got selected in SSB Interview will be called for Medical test and after medical test they will join Indian Army as an officer.

Please find the attachment for the NDA syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA.pdf(105.8 KB, 16 views)
6th June 2015, 12:55 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
National Defense Academy (NDA), which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every twice in a year. NDA conducts examination for three years such as, Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing. Only science stream students with Physics and Mathematics subjects are eligible for Indian Navy and Air Force wing. However, any stream students are eligible for the Indian Army wing.

NDA ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (INDIAN ARMY WING)

- Candidates must be either Indian Citizens or subject Bhutan / Nepal / Tibetan refugee who have come in India before Jan 1962 with the intention to settle permanently.

- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or intermediate or higher senior secondary examination in any discipline from a recognized board.

- Minimum 18 years and Maximum 30 years.

- Candidates must be physically and medically fit.
6th June 2015, 01:04 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Details About NDA:

NDA - National Defence Academy

This is a defence service exam conducted by UPSC every year for candidates to join in defence forces such as:
  • Indian Army
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Air Force

To join in any of these forces there are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied such as:

# Nationality
# Age limit
# Educational Qualification
# Physical Standard

-> The nationality standard states that candidate should have citizenship in India

-> Age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 1/2 years

-> Educational qualification needed is completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with physics and mathematics as subjects in order to join in IAF or Navy.

-> Apart from all these candidate appearing should be physically fit

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the exam and can be done in 2 modes:
  1. Written Exam
  2. Interview

The written exam consists of 2 subjects such as Maths and General ability test and is a objective type question paper of 2 1/2 hours duration. If you pass the written test then you will be called for interview.

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th June 2015, 09:11 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

With commerce stream in 12th also the students can also apply for " NDA " Examination. But there is a Chance to settle build up your career in Army wing only.

There is No chance to join in Indian Air force and Indian Navy. So to know the more details about the NDA examination you can have a look on the below eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination :

<> You should complete 10+2 from the recognized University with minimum percentage of marks.

<> Indian Army -- 12 th with any stream

Indian Navy -- 12th with MPC

Indian Air Force -- 12th with MPC

<> Minimum Age should be 16 1/2 years and Maximum Age should be 19 years.

<> You have to have a required eligibility criteria along with Age criteria at the time of SSB Interview.
7th June 2015, 09:28 PM
mwh

Quote:
yes,you are eligible for the NDA entrance exam.
Even if you dont have mathematics in yours intermediate course you are eligible for NDA.

THE MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY FOR NDA EXAM:
the candidate should complete intermediate with maths,physics and chemistry as subjects.
Age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years.
Girls are not allowed for it.
Candidates should not get married.
Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
For more information log in to www.upsc.gov.in
9th June 2015, 02:59 PM
kunalroy89

There is no problem if you do not have maths as a subject and you can still get into NDA.

Maths and Physics is needed for Airforce and Navy wing of NDA.
For Army wing,no subject is compulsory.
You just need to have passed or appeared in 12th from any stream to be eligible for Army wing of NDA.
The age limit is 16.5-19years for NDA.
Only Male unmarried candidates are allowed to appear for the exam.
You can check previous year question papers,and previous year notifications to know further details about physical standards needed etc at the website of UPSC.You can also get next NDA exam applying date at the exam calendar on UPSC website.
Check UPSC website at www.upsc.gov.in to know more details.
I
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?