29th January 2016, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

JEE main eligibility after polytechnic?

I will pass my polytechnic in 2016. I do my polytechnic in mech. Engg. I am all clear. I do my polytechnic after. My question is that. Can I appear in jee main exam after polytechnic or not? I am all clear students. Please give me answer that can I appear in jee main exam without 2. But I have a diploma.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in JEE Main?
  2. Can I appear in JEE Main & Advanced after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Can Polytechnic student appear for AIEEE Exam?
  4. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  5. Eligibility attempts to write JEE mains after passing 12th?
  6. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  7. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  8. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main for Diploma Chemical Engineer?
  9. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  10. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  11. Am I eligible to reappear in 12th and apply for JEE Main and Advanced if completed 12th from BSEB and pursuing Polytechnic Diploma?
  12. Should I apply for Polytechnic Entrance Test if already applied for JEE Main being a 12th Science student?
  13. JEE 2016 eligibility criteria
  14. Qualifying marks in JEE Main? Suitable books for preparation?
  15. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main and Advanced for a candidate who has completed 10th and 11th in same year?
  16. What would be the over all rank for JEE mains if I have scored 190-200 marks?
  17. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What option I should choose in JEE if mentioned JEE Main Paper-I or Paper-II and JEE Main Paper-I and Paper-II?
30th January 2016, 03:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: JEE main eligibility after polytechnic?

Yes definitely you can appear in joint entrance examination after completion of your Polytechnic but as per my suggestion you should appear in LEET(Lateral Entry Entrance Test) examination to get admission directly in 2nd year of engineering course.
So appear in LEET entrance exam without wasting your one more year.
30th January 2016, 03:19 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to appear in JEE entrance examination is 12th from recognised board or equivalent examination.

You are eligible to appear in joint entrance examination after completion of your diploma in mechanical engineering. You can also appear in a lareral entry entrance test to get admission in directly second year of engineering course.
30th January 2016, 04:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination after completion of your Polytechnic course. To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Candidates who have appeared, qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
30th January 2016, 06:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

According to JEE Main eligibility only 12th passed candidates are eligible for first year admission in B.Tech course. There is no lateral entry procedure in JEE Main which makes diploma holders not eligible.

Diploma holders have to apply for any lateral entry exam for admission in second year of the B.Tech course. Some of the lateral entry exams are JELET, LEET etc. These are mostly conducted on state level.
30th January 2016, 10:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main and Advanced. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
16th May 2016, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

How to qualify in jee mains after polycet or diploma course? What are the exams that we need to write after diploma course?
13th June 2016, 10:49 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for JEE exam.
The eligibility criteria for JEE is as follows :
The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized board under the scheme of 10+2 at least with Maths and Physics as main subjects.
The candidate must have possessed at least 75% marks in the 12th.
The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.
If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for JEE.
Being a polytechnic student you have a choice to apply for LEET exam which is a entrance test for state level engineering colleges.
15th June 2016, 11:18 AM
Expert king

No, you are not eligible for JEE exam.
For JEE exam only 12th passed candidates are eligible for admission in B.Tech course.
And here there is no lateral entry procedure in JEE Mains for diploma holders.
So, you are not eligible for JEE exam.
Diploma holders have to apply for LEET for admission in second year of the B.Tech course.
20th June 2016, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to qualify jee mains to get admission in btech after doing polytechnic
23rd June 2016, 08:04 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no need to appear for any entrance examination to get admission in B.Tech. after doing polytechnic.

The candidate possessing Engineering/Architecture/Pharmacy diploma programs from an All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved institute with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates) are eligible for admission to the second year of four-year degree programme of Engineering/Pharmacy and five-year Architecture programs through Lateral Entry notified AICTE.
18th January 2017, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JEE Main & Advanced after completing Diploma in civil Engineering?
24th September 2017, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

I am completed diploma in civil engineering I have one backlog in final year I am clear that one paper in can eligible to apply je exam in 2017 I am clear that paper in November exam please if you will give the chance please sir then my one year will waste please help me sir. ....
22nd May 2018, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

I am doing diploma in electrical engineering, I passed my high school then doing diploma , is 12th standard compulsory for JE??
5th June 2019, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Can diploma in computer science engineering student could be eligible to write JEE examination
3rd July 2019, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Is LEET good or jee main and advance???
7th April 2020, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Which year of marksheet of diploma used for jee advance? All three years or last year of diploma?please solve my problem.?
8th May 2020, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

why can not apply jee main after diploma course
10th May 2020, 10:53 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: JEE main eligibility after polytechnic?

To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board.

No diploma holders are not eligible to gill jee mains application form as diploma is done after class 10th and is of 3 years duration.

Diploma Holders: To appear in JEE Advanced, a diploma holder can apply in JEE Main 2020. But their rank & score in JEE Main will not be considered for admission in NITs & CFTIs.
29th July 2020, 03:34 PM
Siddharth717

No, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination after completion of your Polytechnic course. To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board.
1st November 2020, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

after passing the 12th examination i have get polytechnic in IT Trade can i eligible for B.Tech from IIIT
15th November 2020, 09:59 AM
koteshwer123

Angry Re: JEE main eligibility after polytechnic?

Yes...Yes...Yes.Students who have completed polytechnic diploma duration of 3 years are eligible to write JEE mains and advance along with intermediate students.
It is officially mentioned in the jee notification that diploma students are eligible.
Dont trust the useless persons.Download the official notification and check yourself.If you want further more clarification.
24th December 2021, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Can diploma students participate in jee main and Advanced only diploma after 10th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?