26th December 2016, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Engineering college is not refunding my fees, what to do?

Sir I have joined engineering and I have quit after 3 days of college due to my health problem and they gave my documents and said that we will refund your and we will inform you and they have taken from me a note that I don't want any refund amount and now when I ask them they are saying that they are not going to give amount say me solution. What I have to do?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I stay in Chandigarh Engineering College or shift to IPU delhi college if the former is not refunding the fees? How are both the colleges?
  2. Withdrawal of money from sbi clerical application fees because of ineligibility to give exam?
  3. Can I expect top 10 colleges in Orissa after scoring 4020 rank in OJEE?
  4. Cost of doing Aeronautical Engineering after 12th? Which is best Aeronautical Engineering college in Mumbai?
  5. How can I force NIFT Jalandhar to refund my fee?
  6. How much is the fees in government engineering college for ST/SC students
  7. What is the fees in Sphoorthy engineering college? What is the management fees?
  8. What is the procedure for refunding of fee in UPTU private engineering?
  9. Which is the best university providing distance education in Karnataka for M.Tech in computer science
  10. Process of admission in B.E. Automobile engineering at PSG College? How much would be the fees per year?
  11. How much is the fees for government engineering college, Kerala at Merit Admission?
  12. Which colleges will I get after scoring 23.365 for M.E CSE?
  13. Fee structure of different PU Colleges in South Bangalore?
  14. Fee structure for B.Tech course in Kalinga? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which colleges will I get in Tirunelveli after scoring 35.5 in TANCET for M.E?
  16. Will I get a seat in government/aided engineering college in Kerala after scoring 14581 rank in Kerala EEE? Fees of the self financing colleges? Number of seats for engineering?
  17. Which all colleges I would be eligible to apply for with 280 marks in GATE exam for Computer Science course?
  18. Which colleges can I get after scoring 15000 rank in PGCET in ECE
27th December 2016, 01:28 PM
hardwellonair

Default Re: Engineering college is not refunding my fees, what to do?

Hi,
In this case in my opinion file an FIR as soon as possible along with an RTI if you think they are deliberately not refunding your fees.
But first make sure you have read all norms and conditions for the refunding of fees as colleges usually create a very tricky rules and regulations for refund of fees which usually works out in their favour.
Hope this helps.
27th December 2016, 11:48 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge, once you have taken admission in any of the Engineering College, the amount of money which you have submitted for the account of admission will not be refunded to you anymore. But in your case if the College said that they will refund your money, then you must contact to the College directly and ask them about your issue.
28th December 2016, 11:42 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Since you have given in writing that you do not want refund so how can you claim that money.
However I suggest you to meet the principal and explain your situation.If not ready to listen, then send a letter to the University they might help you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?