9th December 2015, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Should I drop a year to reappear in JEE Main if scored 54 marks being a General student?

Hello,
My CBSE score is 78%, JEE Main score is 54 marks. I belongs to General category. I just want to take advice from you that should I drop a year for reappearing JEE Main?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I prepare to reappear if scored less marks in JEE Main?
  2. Does I have to reappear in 12th Board exam if drop a year for JEE Main?
  3. Expected rank for a general candidate who has scored 103 marks in JEE Main?
  4. Can I reappear in JEE Main if scored 96 marks and expecting 70% in 12th Board exam?
  5. Whether I should drop an year for giving JEE Main and advanced? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Should I take 1 year drop of JEE after scoring 200 JEE main marks?
  7. Can I reappear in JEE Main if scored poor marks in 1st attempt?
  8. Am I eligible to reappear in JEE Mains if scored 148 marks?
  9. Should I have to reappear in JEE Main to appear in JEE Advanced?
  10. Can I reappear in JEE Advanced next year if appearing for 2nd times in this year?
  11. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  12. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 441 marks in WBCHSE and 80 marks in JEE Main being a general student?
  13. Can I get admission next year with this year JEE Main scorecard after completing 12th BSEB?
  14. Will I get admission in NIT or IIT if scored 147 marks in JEE Mains and expecting 135 marks in JEE Advance?
  15. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  16. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) in any good private college of Kolkata if scored 104 marks in JEE Main and expecting 60% in WBCHSE being a General student? Expected All India Rank?
  17. Should I drop a year if scored 32 marks in JEE Mains and secured 65% in 12th standard?
  18. Expected All India Rank for a General candidate who has scored 109 marks in JEE Main and 369 marks in 12th BSEB?
10th December 2015, 04:33 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I drop a year to reappear in JEE Main if scored 54 marks being a General student?

Look dear,the decision is all up to you, but I just want to say that you haven't scored quite well in your JEE which will not fetch you a good college. Therefore, if you want to get yourself into a good college, then I would surely ask you to score well in your JEE(Main) in the coming year by giving yourself a year time to get prepared.

But, if you just want your graduation to be completed without any year loss and from any ABC college, in that case I would ask you to take admission.
10th December 2015, 05:38 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I drop a year to reappear in JEE Main if scored 54 marks being a General student?

I think you need to decide yourself as you are well aware of your capability. JEE examination is not an easy examination to qualify.

It needs better preparation so if you think that by preparation of one year you can qualify in examination then you can make a year gap to get admission in government institute.

But, if you feel it is tough for you then you do not need to make a gap year and just take admission in any private recognised institute.

As just qualifying marks in JEE Main is not enough to get admission in government colleges for general category. To get admission in NIT you need at least 200 marks in JEE Main.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?