1st June 2016, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Should I go for B.Sc or Polytechnic course as I am not eligible for B.Tech?

I have scored less marks in my HS and have been able to score a total of 141 marks including my PCM subject. I want to know that should I go for B.Sc or Polytechnic course as I am not eligible for B.Tech?

2nd June 2016, 12:35 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I go for B.Sc or Polytechnic course as I am not eligible for B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have scored less marks in my HS and have been able to score a total of 141 marks including my PCM subject. I want to know that should I go for B.Sc or Polytechnic course as I am not eligible for B.Tech?
Well, If you are interested to pursue for B.Tech course in future, then prefer Diploma in the concerned engineering stream. If you are interested in science stream and want to become a Teacher or Lecturer then prefer B. Sc curse rather than B. Sc course. Just think your self and select then course based on your Interest and future aspiration.
2nd June 2016, 02:56 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for B.Sc or Polytechnic course as I am not eligible for B.Tech?

If you want to get admission in B.Tech course later on, you can get admission in Diploma course now and after completion of your Diploma, you can appear for LEET entrance examination and after clearing the examination with good score, you can get admission in any good college to opt your B.Tech course. Otherwise you might even o for B.Sc if you so wish to.
2nd June 2016, 07:16 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You have scored very less marks in your 12th examinations. With these marks you will not get admission in any bachelor degree. So my suggestion to you is that either you should apply for improvement exams or go for the Polytechnic course on the basis of your 10th marks. You can easily get the admission in diploma in any good institute by cracking the DET entrance exam.
2nd June 2016, 02:41 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Both B.Sc.and Polytechnic diploma course are different. Hence, you will need to take the decision on the basis of your interest, future goals and current knowledge on the fundamentals. You should go for B.Sc.if you like to do theoretical based study while you should go for diploma engineering course if you like practical based study. If engineer is your career goal then go for polytechnic diplocourse.
2nd June 2016, 02:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

It would be better for you to go for Bachelor of Science rather than Polytechnic course because Polytechnic is a diploma course and BSc is a degree course and hence you will be able to complete your degree in less time period. After completion of your degree you will be able to appear in degree level exam such as IAS, IPS, RTO, P.O. etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?