16th April 2016, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Which stream I should choose for doing graduation to apply for CBI Officer post in future?

i am confused that which stream i choose except science ? Is it necessary to do extra course ? What i do after graduation ? Which exams i have to give after graduation? Where to give that exams ? Can you please provide me the details on the same?

17th April 2016, 12:20 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream I should choose for doing graduation to apply for CBI Officer post in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am confused that which stream i choose except science ? Is it necessary to do extra course ? What i do after graduation ? Which exams i have to give after graduation? Where to give that exams ? Can you please provide me the details on the same?
There is no such extra course required to be become a CBI officer. To become an CBI Officer, one need to appear and qualify in Combined Graduate Preliminary Exam (CGPE) exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission(SSC) every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate must complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university and final year candidates are also eligible to apply.

- The candidate age should be in between 20 to 27 years with relaxation of upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.

- The candidate must be Physically and Medically fit.

Official website - http://ssc.nic.in/
17th April 2016, 03:28 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream I should choose for doing graduation to apply for CBI Officer post in future?

You can opt for any stream you wish you wish to as there is no such specification required in order to appear for the examination. You only need to be a graduate in order to apply for he exam.

You will have to appear for UPSC examination in order to be able to join CBI. You can fill up the application form online and the date and the venue of the examination will however be mentioned to you via mail. So, you need not worry about it.

You should just start preparing for the examination as clearing the examination is not a matter of joke.
17th April 2016, 10:28 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

To become an Officer in Central Bureau of Investigation department, you are first required to know the minimum qualification required and entrance examination to be appeared.

<@> Entrance Examination to be appeared to become CBI Officer - Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission

<@> Minimum Qualification Required :-
The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in SSC CGL Examination is "Bachelor's Degree" in any discipline.

<@> As any discipline in Bachelor Degree is allowed, I suggest you to go with the course in which you are very interested and desired about.

<@> The Selection process basically consists of CGL Tier 1 Exam, Tier 2 Exam and Typing Test or Document Verification whichever is applicable.

<@> You are required to choose the post name (Inspector in CBI) as your first option while filling the application form.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?