20th January 2018, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Which subject and stream is better for me in graduation if I want to become a bank clerk?

I want to become a bank clerk, now I m in 12th, I want to know, which subject and which stream is better to me in graduation plz tell me? I just wanted to ensure that I will select the right graduation to get selected as Bank clerk in future? Thanks!

21st January 2018, 03:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject and stream is better for me in graduation if I want to become a bank clerk?

If we look at the work done at banks, then B.Com is the most suitable qualification for such jobs, but selection at PSU banks will not depend on your qualification.

If you want to get a bank clerk job, then complete any degree and them crack written exam and interview conducted by IBPS. B.Com, BBA, BCA, etc are degrees, which can be helpful.
21st January 2018, 04:27 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject and stream is better for me in graduation if I want to become a bank clerk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become a bank clerk, now I m in 12th, I want to know, which subject and which stream is better to me in graduation plz tell me? I just wanted to ensure that I will select the right graduation to get selected as Bank clerk in future? Thanks!

If you want to become a bank clerk in the future, then you can study Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) or BA Economics or BBA or BA English or BE or BTech. Actually, candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to apply for the bank clerk jobs. You have to clear the written test and interview for the selection. Competition for the bank clerk post is very high; hence you have to prepare well to clear the examination. You can also join the banking coaching centre for clearing the examination. The IBPS is conducting the examinations for various nationalized banks.
21st January 2018, 05:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to choose any particular stream for pursuing graduation even if you are interested to become a bank clerk. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for bank clerk examination. So, I suggest you to choose any course of your interest for pursuing your graduation course.
21st January 2018, 05:34 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

There is no such subject or stream restriction at graduation level in order to become a bank clerk. Candidates interested in applying for bank clerk examination, must complete their graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university. You can pursue science/arts/commerce/engineering stream whichever you feel interesting. So, you can choose any stream according to your interest in order to become a bank clerk.
21st January 2018, 06:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become a bank clerk, you can opt for any subject or stream in your graduation because nowadays there is no specific steam required to appear in such exams but yes if you will go for graduation in mathematics for Commerce then definitely you will have idea about calculations which will help you.
Moreover, you have to qualify the exam in order to be a clerk in bank.
21st January 2018, 07:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know is that to be a bank clerk in a nationalized bank of India the minimum required educational qualification is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about the selection of stream/subject for pursuing your bachelor degree course for becoming a bank clerk later then it is evident from above mentioned fact that you can opt for any subject as per your interest and strength and same will be the best as same will offer you more time for your preparation of bank examination along with your regular academic courses.
23rd January 2018, 11:53 PM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you want to become Bank clerk, than first thing is that you have to complete your graduation.
Just after passing class 12th, you cannot apply for Clerks Job.

You can choose any subject in your Graduation as educational qualifications required for applying for clerk is Graduation pass in any stream.

There is a huge competition , so start preparing for the exams.

In clerks exams questions are asked from below sections:

English Language (30 questions)
Quantitative Aptitude (35 questions)
Reasoning Ability (35 questions)
Total marks- 100
Time given-60 minutes
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?