15th June 2015, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is better to take in graduation for getting Bank PO job?

I want to become a bank p.o, now I m in 12th , i want to know , which subject and which stream is better to me in graduation plz tell me? I just wanted to ensure that I will select the right graduation to get selected as Bank PO in future?

Thanks!

16th June 2015, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which stream is better to take in graduation for getting Bank PO job?

What all are the procedures for appearing in NET exam for lecturership in English Literature?
16th June 2015, 11:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is better to take in graduation for getting Bank PO job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become a bank p.o, now I m in 12th , i want to know , which subject and which stream is better to me in graduation plz tell me? I just wanted to ensure that I will select the right graduation to get selected as Bank PO in future?

Thanks!
You are now in 12th standard so you can do graduation course in Mathematics to become a bank PO. Because maximum questions are related to mathematics.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be 20 to 30 years.

Books for bank PO exam:-

I.B.P.S CWE Bank P.O./M.T. Recruitment Of probationary Officers'/Management Trainees Guide
by GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Bank Probationary Officer Exam Previous Paper (Solved)
by R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

Banking Awareness: The Complete Book for IBPS Bank PO and CLERK Examinations (With 5 Practice Sets) 1st Edition
Author: Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant Publications (2012)
16th June 2015, 12:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Bank PO (Probationary Officer) Recruitments is "Graduate Degree or Bachelor Degree" in any DISCIPLINE from a recognized board of Education. So getting selected as PO basically depends upon marks secured by you in,
* Bank PO Online Test
* Bank PO Group Discussion Round (If applicable)
And
* Bank PO Interview

So candidates from any bachelor degree background are eligible to apply for Bank PO Recruitments. But as far as my knowledge is concerned, I would suggest you to go with B.E/ B.Tech in Graduation to gain reasoning, aptitude, English language, Computer Awareness Skills which are very very helpful in getting selected as a Probationary Officer. In General, Candidates from any graduation background (namely B.Sc/ B.A/ B.Com/ BCA/ B.B.A/ B.B.M or any bachelor Degree) are eligible to appear in BANK PO Recruitments. So the final selection in bank basically depends on the marks secured in the above mentioned processes, so try to concentrate on the Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General English, Computer Awareness and General Awareness Sections to secured good marks.
16th June 2015, 03:52 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

To apply for Bank PO exams you can opt for graduation in any stream as per your choice.

But if your take B.Com with mathematics then it will be very easy for your to crack IBPS PO exams as most of the syllabus resembles with the B.Com syllabus.
So, according to me you should opt for B.Com.
16th June 2015, 04:16 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To become a bank employee there is a requirement of Maths( Calculation ) . So based on this principle you can take any stream which has " Maths " as the one of the Main subject. Here we are giving you the best courses useful to crack Bank Exams is as follows.

>> B.E/B.Tech in any stream except CSE and IT

>> B.Sc Physics

>> B.Sc Maths

In fact there is a availability to do any graduation to crack the Bank PO exams. PO is the High level examination. To crack PO directly it will difficult to crack PO Exam. The reason behind it is you need to prepare High level Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.

I suggest you to first you can try for Bank Clerk and there by you will get a idea to proceed for PO level.

Actually for PO or Clerk, all graduates I mean to say any candidate who have completed their graduation in any stream are eligible to apply for this Exams.

So don't concentrate more on selecting the stream. Even commerce candidate can also crack the PO Leve examination. So you can proceed on your decision.
17th June 2015, 12:38 PM
rakesh_batra
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Bank PO (Probationary Officer) Recruitments is "Graduate Degree or Bachelor Degree" in any DISCIPLINE from a recognized board of Education.

So, first of all pursue graduation course from one of the good universities like: Lovely Professional University, Punjab University, GNDU, Thapar, Osmania....etc
Details regarding courses offered, admission procedure, etc can be found on their websites.
18th February 2017, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to crack medical exam in 10 months for average students
17th March 2017, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in graduation that will help me to get a bank job?
6th June 2017, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

I am students of mathematics and l want to become bank po so which degree is best for it?
2nd April 2018, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a bank P.o now I have completed 12th exams. l have taken PCM in 12th.so according to this which subject I should take for graduation, give a better suggestion...
Thank you
3rd April 2018, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I want to become po. I am interested in programming. But I am confused between bca and bcom. I have heard that bca has not much scope, suggest which is good for becoming po. Also I am from science stream.
31st July 2018, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

I was good in maths in 12th but in initial 2 classes of graduation (BA with maths and computer applications)of maths ..i feel that maths is so hard..what should i do now.is really maths too hard in graduation?
20th April 2020, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Study of which graduation degree will more beneficial in bank po exam?
22nd July 2021, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

which subject I should take in graduation to become bank po ( commerce )..so that it becomes easy for me
27th July 2021, 12:14 PM
Anujjindal12

Hi,

If you are searching about bank po eligibility then please read below:

Eligibility criteria for Bank PO Examination.
  • A candidate must be 21-30 years of age while applying for Bank PO exam. Age relaxation of 5 years is given to candidates belonging to SC and ST.
  • The candidates belonging to OBC categories are given an age relaxation of 3 years.
  • The ex-servicemen and the candidates holding Jammu and Kashmir quota are also given an age relaxation of 5 years.
  • Apart from this the minimum educational qualification of the candidate must be that of a graduate from a designated University.
  • A candidate must also not hold any criminal record. If found guilty, their candidature is likely to get canceled.

I've shared the NABARD Grade A & B Exam Details in the given above.
29th July 2021, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

If I take science after 12 will I be able to crack bank po?
14th August 2021, 02:26 PM
Iffa0786

For making career in Banking sector, B.Com ( Bachelor of commerce) is very very important. If you are doing Graduation with commerce will help to understand about accounting, finance etc which will help you a lot for preparation in banking sector.
4th April 2022, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is best in graduation for bank po preparation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?